cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver 7.5 database instance installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I am installing NW 7.5 in distributed environment and getting error while installing database instance with SQL server standard edition.

At time of execution Import ABAP system show me error in import SAPNTAB. when I further debug come to know there is problem in compression methodology. Below is the error

"Cannot enable compression for object XXXx.only SQL Server Enterprise Edition supports compression."

Even at a time of define parameter system is not allowing to change the radio button to  "Do not decluster/depool ABAP tables".

Please check the log file and screenshot for more details. Let me know the possible solution of the problem

I will appreciate your quick response.

Thanks,
Dipesh Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dipesh,

According to SAP note 62988:

"...

Supported editions

All supported SQL Server versions are tested by SAP in the Enterprise Edition only. Therefore, only the Enterprise Edition is supported.

..."

You will need to move the database of the system to a SQL Server Enterprise Edition instance to resolve the problem.

Regards,

Cris

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

I don't know lot about SQL but, I think you have installed an incorrect version of SQL database. It should be SQL Server Enterprise Edition and not Standard edition.

As the log says... Cannot enable compression for object 'DDNTF_CONV_UC'. Only SQL Server Enterprise Edition supports compression.

Check the sap note if that helps here.

1488135 - Database compression for SQL Server

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you for the prompt response.

I agreed SAP recommend SQL enterprise edition but at a time of define parameter (as mention in screenshot 1.png) there is radio button to deselect the functionality. However in my case it is "gray" and not editable. please let me know your understanding from this.

I am expecting this should we editable.

Regards,
Dipesh G.

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Dipesh,

You cannot use that option. For new installations (e.g. 7.50 release), the setting will always be to decluster and depool.

If you were doing an upgrade from lower release to 7.5, then you would be allowed to keep existing cluster tables and pool tables. For new releases (after 7.5, including EhP for 7.5), declustering and depooling will be mandatory.

Regards,

Cris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cris for your suggestion.

we have resolve above error after upgrading our SQL database to enterprise edition .

Need one more help. After proceeding from same point come across the error.

(BUF) Error : unable to allocate 20480 KB memory. Please check the attached screen.

Kindly let me know the possible solution.

Regards,

Dipesh

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Dipesh,

You can follow SAP note 2213731.

Kind regards,

Cris