Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silent Installation for Design Studio 1.3

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to create the Response file for Design Studio 1.3 64bit on the Windows 2012 Server.

But it just doesnt write anything.

I run this in the command prompt (run as administrator) :

Setup.exe -w <path of the Response file.ini>

Please assist, did someone try already for Design Studio?  We have requirement for Lumira also, and Response file is working for that but not for Design Studio.

thank you in advance, Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have to say the documentation really lacks the necessary Information regarding Silent Installation when I refer the Admin Guide for Design Studio Client ( click here )

SAP says the silent installation is similar to that of SAP GUI installation, so when I googled, I found a way ( click here ) to silently install the Design Studio Client:

so, to make the silent installation work, look below for black bold parameters:

D:\SAPBOBJ\Client Software\Design Studio>DS_CLIENT01_2-70001266.EXE /install /all /silent

I wish if someone creates an SAP Note for this.

Thank you,  Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

After opening a ticket with SAP, it is confirmed there is no way to create Response file for Design Studio 1.6 Client.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the PAM for 1.3 https://support.sap.com/content/dam/library/ssp/infopages/pam-essentials/TIP/PAM_Additional_Informat...

Windows 2012 is not supported; have you considered upgrading to a higher release?

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry, I wrote the Version 1.3 in error, we are actually using 1.6 Version of Design Studio.  It supports Windows 2012.

Even then it doesn't write anything in the Response file

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you share screen shots, using the camera icon, of your silent install steps as noted in pages 41-42 of the SAP Help at https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100018604142015E/sbo41sp7_bip_inst_win_en.pdf

ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos
ragove
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It runs the Setup, but doesnt write anything

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moving to the BI Platform space for faster response

ragove