cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using IS-U functions w/o activating IS-U?!

voss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello *,

we would like to use some features of IS-U (e. g. improvement  2210687 - Enable autocomplete Feature for address data) but at present IS-U is not activated as well as no other industry solution. Due to that fact implementation via SNOTE for 2210687 delivered lots of error (e. g. type "IF_CRM_ISU_FEATURE_IMPL" is unknown.).

During research I discovered note '2206334 - Function activation for utilities industry'. Will this enable usage of note 2210687?

Some questions belonging to IS:

-- Does this note bring possibility to use such Scenarios?

-- Do we have to activate IS-U at all?

-- Are there any possible side effects when activating IS-U?

Kinbd regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

voss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Any input is appreciated.

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I don't really understand your question. Are you asking about CRM or ERP? IS-U is an industry solution based on SAP ERP while in SAP CRM there are some utilities specific functions.

If you are asking about IS-U the most obvious side effect will be additional license costs . If you are asking about CRM the main problem will be that most of the utilities specific extensions to SAP CRM depend on the availability of a SAP IS-U system (connected via RFC and the CRM Middleware). If you don't have a connection to an IS-U system most of the features won't work.

Christian

voss
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

IS-U is not activated for connected ERP.

I just would like to use some features in CRM e. g.:

2210687 - Enable autocomplete feature for address data

But with this one notes like

2206334 - Function activation for utilities industry

2205179 - Function activation for utilities industry: BRFplus objects

come along.

Will those have a negative impact?

Kind regards

Thomas