SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Split Interest Postings on Installment Plan Interest Calculations

former_member617677
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where we have different installment plan types for different situations (some installments are owned by the company and others by an external vendor we must distribute the payments).  We have the functionality active where we calculate interest at the time of clearing the installment open item.

The problem occurs when we have both an internal and external Installment Plan on a single customer. When the customer goes to make a payment, it will clear both Installment Plan line items and the system will only post a single interest charge.  We need a way to split the interest charge so that the portion of interest calculated with the external installment plan can be identified differently from the internal installment plan interest.

We are currently using the “define alternate sub transaction” functionality for installment plans.  The example would be this:

Suppose we have 2 installment plans:

I1 - 0080/0020 $10
I2 - 0080/0021 $15

The customer pays $25. Say we calculate interest for I1 at $2 and I2 for $3 at
the time of clearing.  SAP is going to post one lump sum transaction in 0040/1040 for $5.

We need to treat the interest calculated forI1 andI2 different, just like the installment themselves. So we would need the following postings (in this example I am splitting using a different main/sub however any way to separate this posting would be helpful)

Interest on I1 - $2 0040/1040
Interest on I2 - $3 0040/1041

However SAP doesn't give you the option to configure alternate sub-transactions for interest on installments. There is no way to decouple the interest postings. This is a limitation within the FM FKK_INSTPLAN_POST_INTEREST_DOC that is posting the interest document. Any thoughts on an alternate solution?

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

rahul_paldiwal2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Marilia,

You mentioned that you calculate the interest via some functionality. Is it FPINTM1 ( interest run)?

Since you mentioned that you have different types of installment plan maybe you can enhance the FPINTM1 to allow selection based on installment type and then run this program twice with payment plan as a selection criteria. This will ensure that the interest document is posted separately for each of the installment plan.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member261786
Participant
0 Kudos

Hope this solution helps you.

Use event 2087 for line items split for the interest calculation document and 2090 for interest posting.

Regards,

Hari

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marilia,

Try to have two separate interest keys for two different types of Installment plans at the time of Installment plan creation.

SAP groups the interest items on the interest keys.

So, if you have two separate interest keys on the interest documents, you will be able to segregate the interest items.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,

Amlan