cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order jumping to Primary resource

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

After the implementation of block planning we are facing an issue. If anyone had a similar issue or have any suggestion pl. let me know. We have custom heuristic where we use internally a SAP_PP_001 Change order. On execution of the heuristic we found that order is moved from alternative resource to primary resource. In fact after execution of heuristic and before refresh, on DS planning board, I could see, the order showing up on alternate as well on primary resource. But, after refresh, it deletes the order on alternative resource and keeps it on the primary. I would like to keep the order on the alternate resource where it is before the execution of custom heuristic. Is it block planning with re-explode function puts the order on primary resource?

The custom heuristic works well without jumping the order to the primary resource if the resource is not block planned. My guess is it’s internally re-exploding somewhere which causing to ump the order to primary resource. But, we could not able to figure out it in debug. Pl. suggest any Bapi/FM where I should check.

Example:

Order A

Scheduled on Primary resource is RES1; then drag and drop it on alternate resource RES2. (Same block is available on both the resource) On executing the custom heuristic, it jumps to RES1

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Function module /SAPAPO/HEUR_RESCONNECT_CHANGE responsible for the mode selection heuristic secondary resources for operations.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

0 Kudos

Thanks Brahmankar for the reply.

But we don't have that scenario where we always move the orders to prefund resources.

I figured out why it was doing so.Because I have bucket oriented planning in resource , and my strategy profile also have bucket planning on, this weird behavior was happening

. When I changed the strategy to time cont, it stopped jumping the orders to alternative resource.

Do you know what is the SAP logic behind this behavior?

Thanks,

Rajiv

andy_yeri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rajiv- that is not the right setting for a block plnd resource. Either place has to hv the bucket oriented capacity selected..

Order jumping is unfortunately a given. We struggled big time with it. May be Frank Horlacher can shed some light if he glances over this post

0 Kudos

Andy,

I am guessing the order jump is happening because instead of time cont capacity, we have now bucket capacity, that is where system get's confused.

Thanks,

Answers (0)