cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload of values in New Depreciation Area

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor

Hi Expert,

I have a requirement of creating new depreciation area. I am aware of all config and other other requirements like OADB, OABC, OAYZ etc.

Only doubt i have is how to upload the balance.

We have 2 dep area. Area X and Area Y now maintaining new area Z.

I have to change asset upload date . After that when i go to AS91 for existing Asset, i see the area x and area y are popping up for a value along with area Z. I do not want area X and Area y to be popped up. only area Z to be popped up. is this possible.?

Say  if it is possible than after putting value in Z above will this be displayed in aw01n? means is it correct way to upload?

Please guide.

Regards

Zunaid

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zunaid

Its a recipe for disaster...

You must not change the Asset Upload date

Run AFBN and it will populate the Values in New Area from one of the Dep. Areas.. In OABD or OABC, you have to give Referencec Dep Area to the New Area, for the purpose of APC Values

Once AFBN is done, if you want to do any +/- in the New Area,

- create a new transaction type (Copy of 100/101 and

- Restrict it to the New Dep Area, And

- Do ABSO

Ajay M

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank You So much Ajay maheshwari.............................You have solved my problems.

Regards

Zunaid

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome.. Please close the thread..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me, if you are creating the new depreciation area then the way you have told is correct. But I think as you are going to change the transfer date the effect may be seen on the depreciation areas X & Y as the legacy value will be different. I would think that you can create the new depreciation area as Revaluation Depreciation area and then upload the values in that depreciation area through T-Code AR29N.

Regards,

Malhar.

zunaid_hingora2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Malhar,

Our requirement is.

1. Create Tax depreciation area.

2. Upload APC and Accumulated depreciation

In revaluation, only net amount have to be posted in New Depreciation area. Is there any way we can upload above data.

Changing upload date will create any problem?

Regards

Zunaid