cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OSS "View as pdf" blurry and not searchable

0 Kudos

When searching for OSS notes, there is a "View as pdf" option that used to be great.  I would download 20 related notes into one pdf and search for the keyword I was interested in, which was much easier than opening 20 notes one by one.  Now the pdfs look blurry and ctrl-f to find text does not work.  Did SAP intentionally change this feature to use OCR format?  Any alternatives to clicking the notes one by one?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I also noticed today that in the Launchpad the PDF view is missing information - it only includes symptom and solution but not the relevant component versions or references. It was pretty much 1:1 before. Entered feedback for that as well.

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jelena!

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can also tailor down your search results using the built in features at the top of your results list:

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Simple (non-bulk) PDF download from new launchpad does not work very well.

Try i.e. KBA 1744839 and it's simply not WYSIWYG because images are missing. In other cases it could truncate the note. So now my way around is to use Microsoft print to PDF.

Sorry I didn't mean to argue

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, images are not in the PDF. I put it in the feedback on Launchpad.

former_member181891
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jordan,

I'm not aware of any bulk download-to-pdf functionality in the search tool for Launchpad, but it seems like you might find a better set of search results by using more specific parameters (e.g. searching for the keywords in the original search, rather than searching, downloading, then re-searching within your results).  It's possible that I am misunderstanding your need.

I will ask the LP team if they would like to weigh in on this thread, but yes, as Jelena said, I would recommend submitting a feedback form in the Launchpad itself if you would like to see this as a future enhancement.

Best Regards,

Jamie

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is a very old portal, even the version that came after that is now replaced by Launchpad.   I doubt this is supported anymore, so the best course of action would probably be to submit feedback in the new Launchpad that you'd like to see mass download to PDF there.

Wondering if might have any comments?

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jelena Perfiljeva wrote:

This is a very old portal, even the version that came after that is now replaced by Launchpad.

Agree with old, but it's the only way to search notes restricted exactly by "my version of SAP system" which takes into account i.e. my EHP level

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How do you download multiple notes into one PDF?

I've never used it for more than one note at a time. Just tried a random note 2092366 and had no issues whatsoever. PDF is clear and search works just fine.

AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos
AntonFarenyk
Contributor
0 Kudos

Big step back for me as well.