cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Funds Management - Process for Material-wise Budgeting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I need your help for derivation rule to define Material-wise budgeting in Funds Management. How we can define each material-wise budgeting. In derivation we have material number option, what should be my derivation rules for this. We have different material type in each valuation class and their G/L accounts is same. Now we want each material in valuation class to have different budget.

The budget will be allocated separately for each material. The G/L accounts of same type of material is single but budget will be defined each material wise.

Kindly suggest, how we can define this functionality in Funds Management.

Thanks,

Sarvendra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How many material numbers do you have in the system? I'm asking this, because your ambition to manage budget on unique material basis sounds irrational. You can consider manage it by valuation class (about how to derive FM assignment based on this data, you can find on SCN forum), but on material?!

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks for your response.

We have more than 100 material type where budgeting needs to be done. I need your help to understand the following also:-

• We need to define material wise budgeting for this what will be the best practice to do this.
  • We need to check the availability control at the time of consumption of material.
  • What will be my derivation rules for this.

Kindly suggest please.

Thanks,

Sarvendra

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OK, so it's for material types and not for materials; that's better. What you would need to do is deriving MTART from MARA table, based on 'material' information which is available in FMDERIVE. You should use 'enhancement' type in order to put MTART into USERTEMP1 field. Then, you can establish a rule reading this information and deriving FM object. You have to analyse which FM object would suit the best. Most probably, fund centre, but it depends on the full picture of your client's business requirements.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Thanks Eli for your update.

Just to add from my last reply, the budgeting needs to be done 'Material Wise', which means each material will have its own budget and it should check the budget at the time of consumption of material for production planning.

It is once again requested to kindly guide me the process to be followed and what should be my commitment items and derivation rule for the same.

Thanks once again for your all time help.

Thanks,

Sarvendra

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How many materials do you have? Managing budget on material type basis can make some sense (though, I must admit that even this doesn't strike me as wise decision), but managing budget on single material level is completely irrelevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Number of material are more than 100 and they are insisting that they are managing and will manage further also.

I have suggested them to have budgeting based on valuation class of material but still they are stick to their requirement.

Kindly suggest.

Thanks,

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion is to revise this decision. Technically, this is possible; there is even no complication around it, but functionally - it's a mess.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

I case we have to implement material wise functionality what would be your suggestion for it.

Please suggest what would be my commitment items and derivation rules for it.

Thanks,

Sarvendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

Kindly suggest derivation rule for material wise budgeting, Profit centers are my Fund Centers and material numbers would be my commitment items (no of materials are around 150) only.

Please suggest what would be my derivation rule in this scenario.

Thanks!

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material numbers cannot be commitment items: it will disturb correct processing of FM flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Eli,

This is to correction from my previous post, Material Number will be created as Fund Center. The budgeting will be based on Material Number as Fund Center and G/L as Commitment Item.

It is my request to kindly suggest if I have to do Profit Center + Material wise budgeting, what would be my derivation rule for this and how Profit Center + Material wise budget can be posted in FMBB.

Please suggest.

Thanks for your co-operation.