cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BW Datasource Activation

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am implementing SAP Commercial Project Management (CPM) in our internal development environment. I'm running into some issues activating datasources in RSA5 required by CPM.

When I attempt to check or activate a datasource, a "Create Object Dictionary Entry" popup appears and asks me to select a package. I'm not clear what package I am supposed to be selecting. In the attached screenshot, I am attempting to activate OPS_10. What package do I need to select to proceed?

I'm new to the BW module, so appreciate any advice you can provide

Thank you,

Greg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

surendra_p
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

While Activating Data Sources in ECC/ERP in RSA5 T-Code it will ask you Package save it.

1.If you provide your created package( your project package that is created for Transportable purpose) from Quality or Production.

2. If you provide Local package($TMP) that is by clicking on Local Object it is not transportable.

based on your requirement you have to provide it 1 OR 2.

Regards

Surendra

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member189845
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory,

I think you had already most of the suggestion provided by SCN members,

And every body posted their thought of answer, let me ask you started with implementation project,

their will be naming standards followed through the project.

I Request you to check with your Team may be Senior Tech leads and you can ask if there is  specific package related to project for transportable objects, or should I need to create it.

If you need to create a package then go to SE21 create package, after creating package also you can assign the objects/ copy from one package to another package just simply going to object directory entry Click the change button and enter desired package name and save it.

Hope it helps,

siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Richard,

1.If you are creating DataSource in Development system just for doing R&D, you can simply input $TMP in the package name which stores your work in Local Object.

2.If you are creating in Dev/QA/Production landscape environment, you should contact your BASIS regarding the package details.This Package will be later helpful in Transporting your Developed objects to Quality/Production Landscapes.

Please refer for more details.

Regards,

Harsha

former_member198905
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory

1) If you need it for experimental/testing purpose use $TMP in package field and your Id in Person Responsible.

2) If you need it for transport to QA and PRD use <Package Name> created by BASIS your in package field and your Id in Person Responsible.

Thanks

Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Gregory.

When activate any data source in Installation of Data source for Business content (RSA5) ,system ask package for transport the object into another system (qty or prd).

For every project there is a certain naming standards to create a package.

If you place package &tmp and click on local object that data source(OPS_10) is not transportable.

so,package can be created in Transaction SE21. or check with any existing Z pacakge created or not with your team.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Gregory

check with your team/ do a f4 to see the Zpackages available. Package is required to assign your objects to a transport so that you can import them to other systems.