Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to include the Prefix of the user on the masthead(Portal) welcome message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Our Portal UME is ABAP source.

For some users, they are having prefix along with first name, last name and title like below.

In SU01 :

When we log in to the Portal system obviously Welcome message on masthead will be displayed as below.

Welcome {salutation} {firstname} {lastname}

Now our requirement is to get Prefix on the masthead of the Portal like below example.

e.g:   Welcome  Mr Ban Van Prashanth

here Ban is first name

Prashanth is Last name

Van is Prefix

Do we have any chance to get the above mentioned format on the masthead?

Is it possible with UME mapping? or any ideas please share your ideas.

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

UME has limited number of attributes which are predefined. Refer this link for list of UME attributes Constraints for UMEwith ABAP Data Source - Identity Management - SAP Library. Though you can create a custom attribute, it can not be mapped to ABAP source.

So, you can use any one of the existing UME attribute like company, department, zip code etc to store the prefix value. You can assign same value of the prefix attribute to any one of these UME attributes and make corresponding changes in masthead code to display the value.

kiruthika_s
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Portal picks the value from com.sap.portal.navigation.masthead

Refer the below help link: http://scn.sap.com/people/community.user/blog/2005/01/18/portal-branding--go-beyond-portal-themes

Regards Kiruthika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi kiruthika,

yes i know that it will pick up from the com.sap.navigation.masthead.

But my question is how can i get the PREFIX value from the R/3 to the portal system.

Any idea on mapping PREFIX attrribute with one of the portal attribute, so that we can directly insert the prefix if mapping is available

Any suggestion would be helpful.

thanks in advance

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

Can you check if the prefix is getting saved when the id is replicated in Portal from ABAP data source?

If yes, then you can copy the standard masthead code and modify the salutations by using UM API's and fetching the required details.

For more details regarding UM APIs please refer to the following documents:

Using User Management Engine API - Portal - SAP Library

Searching for Users with Standard Search - Integrating Security Functions - SAP Library

If however, the prefix does not get stored in Portal UME, then you will have to fetch this data from R/3.

Best Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Thanks for the suggestions.

The prefix is not getting replicated in portal, this is the reason we are searching for alternatives.

And how can i fetch the data from the R/3 to the portal.??

Could you please provide me the step by step analysis.

Thanks in advance

rohit_singhal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prashanth,

You can fetch data from R/3 using JCO by opening an connection and calling a BAPI.

Please refer to the below documents for more details:

SAP JCo Client Programming - Components of SAP Communication Technology - SAP Library

Example Program Bapi2 - Components of SAP Communication Technology - SAP Library

https://scn.sap.com/thread/1580405

BAPI for user details: BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL.

Best Regards,

Rohit