cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CRM Service

0 Kudos

I am working in Complaint . We have quite a few Categories in The Transaction type  .

In Complaint , in the Business Activity we have developed a few Categories like Dead on arrival and Dead on Purchase .We wanted to develop some  Sub Category on the main Category in the User Interface  .

I am working in SAP CRM eHP 2 .

Can we configure from the backend or we need to do some development for reflecting in User Interface ???

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member222142
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

If you want to categorize in SAP Complaints you can use categorization to define predefined content, such as causes of damage, which makes complaint entry faster and allows automatic analysis.This function is available in CRM WebClient UI, e-service, and mobile service.

For more information, see Multilevel Categorization under Link:

Multilevel Categorization - SAP Library

It shouldn't be required to have own additional development or Enhancement, your required functionality can easily achieved inside the CRM Standard application.

Best Regards

Gerhard

0 Kudos

I dont think Multi lvl Categarization is needed over here . In CRM Service , Transaction type Complaint under Business Activity we have Categories . We can make a Category for this Business Activity but What I am really interested is Sub Categories .

We can achieve through UI enhancements or through Table and Field enhancements .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

Yes. Multi level Categorization is not required here as we have first level categories available and for next level you can create a new field in web-ui and define the values for that using any custom table.

Inside the field put a condition, what values are allowed for what values in main category (Standard category). I think table for standard categories "crmv_activity_H".

EX: Create new drop down field . Define values a,b,c,d,e.

Inside the field put condition , For Value "Dead on Arrival' - a,b are permitted.for "Dead on Purchase"- c,d,e are permitted in drop down.

I am not good at technical so Can't help you with full technical details. Hope you solve this easily.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi 

0 Kudos

Ravi ,

table for standard categories "crmv_activity_H". and we will create a drop down new field .

How we do it , any input

samantak_chatterjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

From the ongoing discussion, my understanding is that you need to set the value of a field based on the values of an another dependent field.

For example, in the UI you will have a Main Category and a Sub-Category field. Based on the main category values, you need to filter the values of the sub category.

Field A - Values are A,B

Field B - Values are 1,2,3,4

For A the possible values are 1,2

For B the possible values are 3,4

If this understanding is correct, then you can follow the following approach.

Step 1: You can create your own custom categories in the customization table - CRMC_ACT_CATEGOR by customizing(Tcode : SPRO). You don't need to enhance any standard tables for that.

Step 2: In the UI using the AET Tool, you need to add the sub field. This will provide you the flexibility to design and position it as per your requirement.

Step 3: You need to create UI events for the parent Category field. Based on the selection of the parent, you need to filter and populate the values of the child fields. You need to use the BOL Programming to achieve this part.

I would suggest, you can use the CRM Subject Profile functionality to meet this requirement. You can also check the multilevel categorization as suggested previously, as this will be a much clean approach as compared to a custom solution.

Let me know if you need any more technical inputs from my end.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.  

0 Kudos

Thanxs Samantak looks helpful . Try the solution and revert back .

0 Kudos

I will award points and close it . It can be achieved by AET or enhancement of Multi lvl Categorization table .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I don't think we can develop second level categories there. And there is no relevant filed available in standard.

We have to go for new field with new values in sync with standard table values (category values).

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

0 Kudos

If we want to do it through Table and Fields , How we will do it ??