cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post depreciation as information only (no fi document)

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm configuring a system to a company that manages other companies, in the assets module, they require to record the assets as acquisition, retirement, and transfer which is no problem at all.

the problem is that they want to manage the depreciation as information only( no recording FI document when running the depreciation run tcode: AFAB).

I tried many solutions but didn't work:

1- try to change the posting control of the depreciation area 01 from real time to apc only but couldn't and issues an error message that depreciation    area 01 can't have but real time posting control

2- tried to delete depreciation area 01 but it won't let me and issues error message as 01 is the master depreciation area

kindly advise if some one had a similar case.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abdul,

Is your issue resolved now? Did you try the solutions mentioned in this thread?

Regards,

Neha Sinha Mehta

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Salaam Abdul

Simple and Best solution is that you post the Depreciation in FI from AFAB and then pass a Journal Entry from Fb50 to nullify the impact

Area 01 must have Posting indicator 1 and it will post into FI-GL.. You cant avoid that.. So posting a JV is your easiest and ONLY option

Ajay M

Close the thread if resolved

0 Kudos

hi

you can't post to accumulated depreciation thru fb50 or any other Tcode directly except for the upload Tcode: OASV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me, I think the you can assign the depreciation key to the Asset for that particular depreciation and in OADB T-Code you can maintain the Post to G/L as 0. By this the value for the depreciation will be calculated by system and as its 0 so the posting to FI will also not be taken place.

Regards,

Malhar.

0 Kudos

Hi

I want the depreciation to be calculated but for reporting purpose only (I will use depreciation key in the asset master records) but no fi document will be created when running the AFAB.

my company only run the assets for its companies but

doesn't run depreciation for them instead the other companies record depreciation on their records

that's why depreciation must not be recorded as fi document but only for reports (the information of the depreciation must exist for every asset record).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Abdul,

First of all, can you check and confirm why is depreciation not required to be transferred to FI? How does the company intends to post depreciation?

Regards,

Neha Sinha Mehta

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you do not want post in FI, then do not maintain the GL accounts for depreciation account assignments. However, if you run AFAB, the system will throw error, but it displays depreciation details for the assets.

Regards,

Mukthar

0 Kudos

AFAB should be run in order to enable year end closing procedures.

if I didn't maintain the gl account error will be thrown and no depreciation could be run.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you want depreciation information purpose, until you post depreciation you could not close the year in AA. Either you have to maintain the dep.key as 0000 or run AFAB, here system will post accounting entry, after that pass reversal entry by ABF1 for the depreciation.