cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Planned Costs & Actual costs while executing KKA2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

While executing KKA2 for a WBS element the system is displaying negative values for both planned costs(In plan data of valuation) and in actual costs.The WBS has been set to final billing (FNBL ) status.

We don't have any actual costs booked for that particular period & the planned cost is also zero in network level. We have only sales commission planned at WBS level.

Can someone help us to know the root cause for these negative values and what will be the source for this. I have pasted the screen shot from KKA2.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Prakash

Negative Costs may have occurred if revenue cost elements are assigned to Cost Category. Check OKG5 Setup

Also check in which period the Costs is taken to Cost of Sales . Check the value flows during that period.

In case these doesn't work, please share okg3 setup (screenshots)

Plz check and revert.

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I get into OKG5 setup but couldn't visualize what you are trying to advice me.If you can explain in detail hope i will get it.

We have COS values from 09th period of fiscal year 2015 up to 1st period of 2016 and cross checked the value flow but couldn't get any clues from that.

And from the initial period itself the result analysis is saying the project is going for loss as most of the costs are hitting the POC loss account.

I am uploading the screen shot of OKG3 config. for FNBL status only.

Please review and share your thoughts.

Regards,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Prakash

Please check the OKG5 Setup for GL/CE Assignments to line ID COS. Is Sales Commission GL mapped to COS Line ID and what is the cost element category. I believe it is 11/12.

Further since manual RA is activated, please check if there has been any manual changes to RA Valuation during KKA2 for all the periods.

Also is it an issue with one WBS or all WBSs with the same RA Key.

Regards

Mustafa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

I have checked the OKG5 set up and 5 series GL/CE (Sales Commission) has been mapped to the COS line ID and it has been mapped to CE category 12 as you mentioned.

We are facing this problem for this single WBS , we aren't facing any issues for other WBS elements.

Furthermore i am analyzing on the manual changes to the RA.

Kindly let me know the next step on how to proceed on this issue.

Regards,

Ramprakash V

former_member218048
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Cost of Sales is seen as Negative.

Check the sales figures and also any sales returns...

Former Member
0 Kudos

We don't have any returns for this and also there is no sale order assigned to the WBS.