Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Offline Infrastructure vs. Rich Text

LBretschneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear all,

currently, I am developing around with a customer in an Offline Scenario for Adobe Forms.

We want to send out forms and upload the adjusted forms afterwards.

When we try to upload a form with a rich text text field, the offline infrastructure is running into a short dump.

How to reproduce?

Create a form with only one text field, bound to a variable in context, e.g. "IV_STRING" typ String.

Download a form with a simple call, SCMS* - and GUI_DOWNLOAD, edit the form, upload the form with SCMS_, GUI_UPLOAD.

The XML is working fine, but as soon as I hand over the XML to the offline infrastructure (Inbound) a dump is created if there is any content in the variable (Rich Text!).

Is this a known limitation? Or is it a mistake by myself, e.g. by choosing the wrong datatype?

Thanks a lot in advance and Kind Regards,
Lukas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

LBretschneider
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just to add some more insights:

- yes, the reason is that there are <body> tags in the rich text fields and any interpretation seems to have issues with these HTML like tags - you can sroee this quite often by opening XFD files in a browser to render them.

But maybe there is a simple way around this (other than replacing <body with something else ).