Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost element category 1 for income GL's

malathi_ulaganathan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Following entry has not flown to COPA, is the cost element category reason for same?

1. Income GL with Cost element category as "1" and cost centre is populated at my transaction

2. Income GL with cost element category as "11" and cost centre is blank in my transaction

3. Income GL with cost element category as "11" and cost centre is populated as well

In my COPA assessment, my sender is only cost centre.

REgards

Mala

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mala

Income GLs must be defined as CE 11. These should not be posted in CC. CC is meant for expenses only

If CE 1 is posted in a CC, it must be allocated to COPA.. One posting can be made in one cost object only..

Ajay M

malathi_ulaganathan2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay, Musthafa

Difference in exchange rate created as income GL wt cost element category 1. Though this is wrong allocation of cost element category, this will flow to copa if the cost element in this transaction contains cost centre in my allocation cycle.. right?

Income GL's with Cost element category 11 will not flow to copa automatically - right? To make manual income entry flow to copa, what route should i follow

Regards

Mala

venkatesh27_arya
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi,

As Mustafa suggested, have your exchange rate income account with Cost element category 11 and maintain the cost element  in the PA transfer structure(in KEI2) assigning to the value field to flow to COPA. Hope this helps.

Thanks

Venkatesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi

For your first query, answer is yes.

Income GLs with cost element category 11/12 will flow automatically if it is via SD Route where SD Condition types are mapped with respective Value fields in SAP.

If you are referring to FI Postings (other than those which originate from SD), then it doesn't flow automatically unless PSG is maintained. It may prompt a warning message asking for real account assignment object, if PSG is not maintained.

For values to flow automatically, you can setup OKB9 settings where you can set PSG default per GL & Company Code combination

Hope it helps

Regards

Mustafa

malathi_ulaganathan2
Participant
0 Kudos

IS there a standard report where i can see break up of all statistical postings in this case

REgards

Mala

pavan_kumar18
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please refer the following link in which I have explained the differences and reports.

Example:

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Arvapally

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mala

Cost Element with Category 1, can flow from FI to COPA. I would disagree with what Mustafa said above. If you are OK with this flowing to COPA directly, default PSG in OKB9 (OR) Post it in a CC and then KEU5

For a Cost Element Catg 11/12 to flow to COPA from FI, you need to populate PSG in GL line item

So, for Realized Gain/Loss Account, I think you can directly post to COPA with CE Catg 1

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay

I agree with Ajay's disagreement. Tested to see it for real.

Statement corrected above to avoid confusion for others.

Regards

Mustafa

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Malathi

Value flow from FI to COPA is possible when Cost element category is 11 or 12.

Considering the scenarios above, following is expected:

1) In this case, values will directly flow to COPA, provided there is a setup for okb9 (Default PSG), KEI2 (PA Transfer Structure) available.

2) Value may flow to copa if PSG is maintained

3) Value may flow to copa if PSG is maintained

COPA Assessment using Assessment Cost Elements of Category 42, by which value would flow to COPA.

Hope its clear

Regards

Mustafa