cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Move to" function Error - (FWB 00026) (...) object already exists under object 'Root Folder'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

A simple task of restructuring the Folders in CMC turned into a nightmare:

1. 1.

I moved a Subfolder, let’s call it “ABC”, into the “Root” [called in CMC “All Folders”].

(Right click on the Folder to be Moved -->Organize-->Move To --> select destination -->“Public Folders” --> click button “Move” )

The Subfolder “ABC” disappeared as expected from the current place.

But it never again appeared in the Folder “All Folders” nor somewhere else!!

1. 2.

I tried to create a new Folder “ABC” below “All Folders” (right click -->New Folder -->”ABC”--> OK).

The following Error appears:

Could not commit object 'ABC' because another object with the same name and type already exists under object 'Root Folder'. (FWB 00026)

1. 3.

What’s wrong with this System and how to fix it?

(In our Productive System it works all right)

Is there at least a way to make the “Move to” action undone?

I’m on the verge of desperation with this bizarre case. Please help!!!

Kind Regards

Agata

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mgrackin
Contributor
0 Kudos

I agree with Amit.  Make sure you are logged on with an Administrator account.  Also, compare the rights on the Root Folder between the problem system and the production system you say works fine.  This might be a rights issue.

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

below you will find  the analysis of the above Problem.

Maybe it will be useful to others

And once again many thanks' to all the supporters

Former Member
0 Kudos

The “Root Folder” security is set as follows: For user Group “All” the Right “View Objects” is set to “deny” view on subfolders (This means to me “All” can see the “Root Folder” but not the folders underneath) The user group “Administrator” has the right “Full Control” I’m in the “Administrator” group – which means to me I should be able to see all Subfolders of “Root”. Am I right so far? The moved folder “ABC” inherits the rights from the “Root Folder” - which means to me that all “Admins” should be able to see this subfolder. But they don’t. Only the Enterprise Administrator can. What else shall I check? Thank you for any suggestions. Agata

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Agata,

You can check whether All User Group been assigned to any other Group other than Administrator Group where for the Group other than Administrator may be they have denied access to the Sub-folders under All Folders(Root Folder). This could be another possibility.

So kindly re-check whether All User group is part of any other group other than Administrators Group.

Note : Every user in BO Platform will be part of Everyone User Group by default.

Rgds,

Sethu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hallo and a BIG THANK'S @all for your suggestions!

It is definitely a rights issue as I am able to see the "disappeared" Folder with the Enterprise Administrator account.

former_member205064
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what result you get when you search the ABC folder in CMC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Agata,

Please check for User Security for "ALL Folders" for the User / User Group for which you were not able to view the Folder.

Maybe the user security is applied only for the Root Folder and not been applied for the sub folders under Root Folder.

Please find the attached screenshot whether you have maintained the User Security for All Folders as given below.

If you have maintained as above then you should be able to view the Folders or else as suggested by Raunak search for the Folder by Name "ABC" inside CMC should also help.

Rgds,

Sethu.

sateesh_kumar1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Agata ,

Can you try with Repository Diagnostic Tool to see something is broken .

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you checked with Administrator user?