cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format Query Prompt Selector

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Query Prompt Selector to get the IDT universe prompt on the dashboard but the year is displaying like below and I tried to format in the universe level, but didn't help, how to format the year?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Where have you mapped the input fields in spreadsheet? Have you set the correct format at Excel level (Right click --> Format)?

The values will first come to excel spreadsheet and then get displayed; therefore, format at Excel level plays an important role.

Regards,

Yuvraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use other Selectors, you can format in EXCEL as you need to map to the Spreadsheet Cells like Yuvraj said but for Query Prompt Selector, you Can't map to Excel, as its a Direct Filter from Universe. You could try to change the Universe dimension SQL definition based on your Database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen, Mine is SQL Sever, Can you explain with screenshots if possible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Step 1) Go to Dimension and change the existing Year Object Step 2) Let’s say if you want to use Universe LOV’s  then Create a Custom SQL or use the above object and your SQL should look like below: SELECT DISTINCT   FORMAT(TABLE.YEAR,'####') FROM TABLE Step 3) Go to SAP BusinessObjects Dashboards Query Browser >Filter> use the universe LOV in prompt