cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Text changes in layout not reflecting in output

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are facing a problem in custom adobe form in which the static text changes are not reflecting in output. For example, If I change the static text like from 'Duplicate' to 'Testsys', it is not reflecting in output.  And this happens only for the invoice forms not for other forms like delivery note etc.

When I deleted the statictext element completely from layout & activated, it is reflecting in the output. i.e. that element disappeared

Why this behavior occurs? Kindly guide to proceed as we have some urgent requirements to be completed.

Thanks

Rajee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

varun_vadnala3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

This happend to me also. Some times the static text doesnot reflect even when you make a change in it.

I could not figure out the actual reason but I noticed the following.

1.I ftranslations are maitianed for the static text.

2.Close all the layouts and open only the layout where you want to make a change.

3. Now run a fresh transaction.

prajeshdesai
Contributor
0 Kudos

try to change text directly in to the XML source.

View Menu ---> XML Source

Works for me.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Please help on the issue. We noted that changes in text are reflecting only when the form language is English. If other language like ES, DE are passed, no changes reflecting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

I assume you translated the English form to the other languages.

Did you double check that no field names were translated/changed in the copy, e.g. scripts still run properly. I'm mentioning this since we've seen this.

Maybe the data (item) is not contained when the form is rendered in the other languages. You'll need to double check that by turning on trace and look at the data.xml that is being used.

You mention other forms that work. Did you look at what the difference is?

Based on the little info you've shared only some generic suggestions are possible.

Best,

Juergen

0 Kudos

Thanks Juergen. We ll check the trace and translations as you suggested.

The print program of other forms not passing the language to docparams while calling adobe generated FM as this is optional paramter. The print program of invoice forms sets this language by fetching it from NAST-SPRAS.

Recent we have upgraded the support pack from 5 to 16, SAP EHP1 of SAP NW 7.0. This behavior occurs only after this support pack upgrade. And we debugged the quality system (where upgrade has not yet been done) by allowing it to make changes. Changes are reflecting irrespective of form language. i.e. I changed the static text in form layout and passed the language 'S - Spanish' and it reflects successfully in the output.

Thanks

Rajee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajee,

I think if the trace (as I described above is OK) you should open a message and let SAP look at this. Might be a regression in the upgrade.

Best,

Juergen