cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No authorization for object creation, still getting object type creation popup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dear experts,

We are using SAP CRM7 and complaint management.

For some users, we have a requirement to have only "display" authorization to see the complaints, but no modification/creation on this object.

We used authorization object "CRM_ORD_LP" with activity = display only to complete this requirement.

But when going to the complaint workcenter and clicking on "New" with  , we do not have any standard message "You do no have authorization to create ..."

Instead, we are having the standard object type selection popup which appears empty. Please see screenshot bellow :

We tested and we have the same behaviour in standard : "WCF_IGNORE_ENHANCMT" parameter set to value A.

How come we do not have any "access denied" error message instead of this popup ?

Is there any customizing in authorization we could be missing ?

Thanks and regards,

Guillaume

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kapilpatil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Guillaume,

Authorization object CRM_ORD_LP will only restrict at transaction type.

For your issue, you need to put a trace to identify relevant authorization object, to enforce restriction.

There is no single authorization object for restricting access (example : display only).

Thanks,

Kapils

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Kapil,

Thank you for your answer.
I will check tomorrow with st01.

To be sure I understood you, I have currently too much authorization and I need to restrict more by deleting / modifying one of my cyrrent authorization object. Am I right ?

Thanks,

Guillaume

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

spencer_liang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check note

1954950 - Transactions Types are not displayed as search criteria

it talks about auth object which shares the same logic.

Spencer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guillaume,

You may try restricting the authorization via object CRM_ORD_PR  for transaction type(PR_TYPE)  for example "CRMC"  and Activity(ACTVT) Display(03) only.

Reward points if it helps.

Thanks,

Sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sridhar,

I tryed to add authorization object "CRM_ORD_PR" with activity display only for my process type but it did not work ... still the same popup showing up.
Would you have any other suggestion ?

Thanks and regards,

Guillaume