cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am using Visual Studio 2005 with Crystal Reports 2008.  I currently have a web application running on a Windows 2008 Standard 32 bit server.  I am migrating to a Windows 2008 Server R2 64bit server.  I moved everything to the new server and am getting this message.

An error has occurred while attempting to load the Crystal Reports runtime. Either the Crystal Reports registry key permissions are insufficient, or the Crystal Reports runtime is not installed correctly. Please install the appropriate Crystal Reports redistributable (CRRedist*.msi) containing the correct version of the Crystal Reports runtime (x86, x64, or Itanium) required.

The version of Crystal 2008 that I have installed is 12.0.2000.0.  I am referencing this in the web.config file which matches the files in c:\windows\Assemblies.

The code is throwing this error when it hits the following line.

Dim crReportDocument As New ReportDocument

I have tried the three different Target CPU options.  The Any CPU and X64 options produce the error message.  If I choose x86, I get a failure immediately without it even hitting the code, which makes sense since this is a Windows 2008 Server R2 64bit server.

I am questioning if Crystal Reports 2008 is compatible with a 64bit Windows 2008 server.

If not, please let me know what version of Crystal I need to be using. 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

It should work, but you must set the IIS AppPool to 32 bit mode.

CR 2008 only supported 32 bit.

The current CR for VS supports VS 2010 and above and the installer into VS and runtime files download links are on the Overview Tab on the left side... It has both 32 and 64 bit redist packages and will work in either x86 or x64 modes in IIS.

CR runtime is for the Application platform and not the OS it's running on.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don!  Now I am running into another issue. 

I am using a Code 128 barcode font package from IDAutomation and the Code 128 barcode displays correctly when previewed, and when exported as an RTF, however, if I click Export As and select PDF, the resulting PDF that is created displays the barcode very small. 

I have seen lots of posts regarding this issue and have added registry keys for ForceLargerFonts=1, however, the issue persists. 

The keys I added are below.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-3841483515-2115075609-3271404066-500\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF

I currently do not have any service packs installed.  Could this be the cause?

I have downloaded various service packs from the SAP website and each time I try to install I get a message that states

Below is the a screen shot of the version of Crystal that is installed. 

I sincerely appreciate your assistance with this.

Thanks,

Todd

former_member207665
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

The product which you have is of version 12.0.0. And you are trying to upgrade it directly to SP3 which will be 12.0.3.

I guess you should install SP1 (12.0.1) first and then proceed further with SP3.

Regards,
Vinit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vinit!

I actually solved the barcode font issue by adding an extra registry key.

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-82-2106413326-2775718262-3837081262-3678447609-4124615764\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF

ForceLargerFonts=1

I would, however, like to install the latest service packs.

Where can I go to get SP1 as I do not see this download on the SAP downloads page.

Thanks,

Todd