cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detailed Costing in Version other than 0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

We are using BOS for initial cost estimation during project bidding using ECP Costing model in ECP Cost Version (Say 3).

Once Project is awarded, we are creating Project in PS and doing detailed network costing. This costing I would like do in Plan Version 1 (other than 0).

Once done, we will compare Version 1 and Version 2 (Cost will be transferred from BOS- ECP to PS Str in Version 2)

Out of these 2 version which ever less, we will transfer to Version 0.

So, at 1st I would like to know, How we can plan detailed costing in version other than 0 and than How I can transfer from Version 1 or 2 to Version 0.

Your inputs will be appreciated.

Regards

Rajat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Rather than try to use CO Versions for your process look at using PS Simulations.  Project simulations can be use to create cost plans during the Bid Phase and when a simulation is finalized you can transfer it to the Operative Version.

Paulo is right, Network Costing writes it's plan data to CO Version 0.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Patelsa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Kindly share PLM Exams Materials i have only PLM 200 , 220 & 230 of courser version 2006.

my id is patelsajju@gmail.com . i am applying for exams kindly help & give some tips for exams preparation .

thank a lot

brotherly

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

I am afraid that network costing can be done only in version 0.  Something "hard coded" if I remember that right...

You can copy plan data for the project with CJ9BS.

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

In Costing Variant which will be assigned in Network Header - Plan and Actual - we can put Cost Plan Version. - Not tested this.

But, my query is assume that if we are able to do that how i can copy data from 1 to 0 version?

reagrds

Atul Rajmane

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I am not sure what version you are talking about, maybe a screen shot can help.  If that is in the valuation variant, it is specific for Activity Prices from CCA for internal labour costing.

You can copy plan data for the project between different plan versions with CJ9BS (sorry that I just repeat myself).

Regards,

Paulo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paulo,

Below is screen-shot.

Using CJ9BS we can't transfer cost for network activities.  Its only possible to transfer hierarchical costing. For Network costing we need to use CJ9D. But issue is CJ9D transfer cost from 0 to other CO version but not possible vice verssa,

Regards

Rajat

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Ken is having a very good point that SAP envisioned the same process with Simulations.

Regarding the version you can see my answer above, it is just a reference version for Activity pricing.  And the best option for Activity pricing is version 0, because that allows you using Actual rates in cost planning.

Regards,

Paulo

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As of EHP3, you can do network cost plan in version other than 0, by using this BADI: BADI_NW_CO_VERS_CK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Using Enhancement I am able to Do network costing in Different Version and Actual can be posted in different Version.

Now, I am stuck with copying.

Can we copy Network Plan cost any other version (e.g. ver.1) to Version 0?

reagrds

Rajat

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

The issue is with Internal NWA that are costed from Work Centers (Activity prices from Cost Centers).  If that is copied for the project alone there will be no plan data integration with CCA.  Besides NWA plan cost (normally) is something you want to recalculate in the operational version to stay closer to reality, so it should not be a baseline version.  Keep baseline somewhere else. 

Regards,

Paulo