cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple sevice POs for one service PR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I need to divide a service PR into multiple POs for different vendors,  this is to split the service quantity among vendors,

Is there any method to do so?  Or even suggested work around?

Thanks all

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Ahmed,

You can achieve this by simply setting system message 06 076 at warning or Blank. However it will depend on final business decision.

Have a look of below examples

Example 1: When System message is Blank “ ” or Warning, system allows to have multiple service POs for one service PR which is your requirement.

PR Status:

Example 2: When system message is set to “e” then it gives below error

Hope it would help to make decision.

Thx

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx for ur reply

Will this affect only service POs or all POs

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Can you share you screen shot of Error, which you are facing, you didn't any thing about message number.

Kind Regards

Mohsin Abbasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

yes the error is the same as in previous pictures

error code 06 076

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

I am surprised someone has already did in my system, but i don't why i am not being  restricted by the system to give message 06 076, while making multiple PO's.  I don't think so it's enhancement here, and i have cross checked the message number as well in OMCQ, where it has been sets as a ERROR.

To validate this statement kindly see the mentioned below screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is exactly what i need but i cant figure out how!!

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to ML91 transaction and maintain the "Reduction of Purchase Requisition Commitment Value" flag and test the scenario again.

Regards,

AKPT

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasoon,

You are always been source of inspiration to me, Absolutely right I have cross checked it is just because of this.

Best Regards

Mohsin Ababsi

mohsinabbasi007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Ahmed,

Yes kindly follow the instruction of Prasoon, System will only allow you if you tick at "SPRO-> MM->EXTERNAL SERVICE MGT-> Source determination and default value -> for client ->FOR CLIENT->TICK AT REDUCTION OF PR COMMIT VALUE"

I have cross checked in system by removing and by ticking this Tick.

Screen Shot

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply,

i tried this and worked correctly but remains an issue, in case that total POs value is less than total PR value the difference remains in commitment budget.

Example: If PR value is 10000 USD

and total POs is 8000 USD

so the commitment value remains 2000, and not released

any help?

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If no more PO's has to be created against the PR, Insert the "closed" indicator for the PR in item level and check the commitment!

Regards,

AKPT

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

It would be applicable to all, that is why I mentioned it would be a business call.

However if Business still insisting then you can put a custom check before check the status of message 06 076 that whether material group is service group or other material group. However in this case set status "E".

If Material group is Service then by pass this check else perform. so in this case it would work for both scenarios.

Thx,

Vivek

former_member233510
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Please tick the indicator "Automatic purchase order" in the Vendor master record  under Purchasing view.

2) SPRO --> Material Management --> External Service Management --> Source determination and default values --> For Purchase organization --> tick the indicator "Automatic PO generation for Service requisitions."

3) Create Service PR with multiple line items and assign the Vendor & purchase organization under the tab "Source of supply"

4) Call transaction ME59 --> Enter the purchase requisition number --> tick indicator "Per purchase requisition item" and then execute

The system will generate individual Service P.O per line item in the PR.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Standard SAP allows to split the service items to multiple PO's as well, if the configuration permits. If you are facing error 06 076, follow the method explained in the KBA: 1941105 - Error 06 076 is issued when create multiple service POs with reference to one PR

Revert back if you are facing any other error.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will try and get back to you

Thank you

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you tried any method already?

You have service PR- Create Service PO  by referring Service PR in T.code ME21N and once all copied- you can enter vendor name to save PO number.

Likewise you can create PO for different vendor for same PR.

Check to  introduce

PR---Create Contract for each vendor ---------Create PO from contract

OR

PR--RFQ for each vendor--PO from RFQ

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply,

Yes i tried this straight forward method but it is not working with Service po,  it is not possible to split the service quantity into multiple POs.

It works fine with material POs only.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is because Unit of Measure setting  in t.code ML91 as AU(activity unit) for service in "Unit of Measure at Item Level" which appears to be your concern in purchasing documents(PR and PO)!

In PR - you have Unit of Measure AU and once PO converted - you will have PO Unit of Measure AU

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i have default unit of measure AU and 1 as default quantity for item level,

And in item detail - > services tab i put quantites and unit of measures for each service (no service master)

Then after i make a PO with any partial quantity of service detail,  and try to make another PO on the rest of services i got the message that all PR quantity has been allocated to another PO.