cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rounding Qty for Components in Production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there a way I can have component qty. rounded off to nearest 100 (for e.g) in a production order? I searched SCN but most of the threads speak abt. procurement rounding value (MRP1) or decimal places which is not what I need. So, please share your experience if you have come across this?

eg, for a finished product A, we have BOM component X = 50EA, for any order we get for A = 1EA,  component qty. for X needs to be 100EA, for any order of 2EA, X should be 200 and so on. Reason being that component X always comes in packs of 100EA so we issue 100EA, consume 50EA (as per BOM) and return 50EA back to warehouse (Mvt. 262)

if I change the quantity in BOM, it will affect standard product cost.

Many thanks in advance,

Salman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help Everyone.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies and Sorry if i was not able to clarify my requirement. Fixed lot size is used in procurement and it has no link with production order quantity so i don't think it will work In short, we have  a component (BUoM = EA) which always comes in packs and 1 pack = 1000 EA, however, as per BOM 750 EA of this material is required to manufacture a finished product.Every time we create a production order for say 2 Units of finished good, production order quantity for this component works out as 1500 EA but physically 2 packs are issued and 500 EA are always sent back to warehouse.

Any best practice to handle this situation?

Many thanks.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

In BOM have you defined 1000 EA or 750 EA ?

If you defined 750 EA then consumption will happened as 1500 EA for 2 quantity of PACK production.

You can add an alternative unit of measure for your material.

1 PAC = 1000 EA and use purchasing unit as PAC. So your purchasing will be in PACK and consumption in EA.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

This issue is related to the costing,  you have defined you BOM incorrectly.

Better consult you CO person and correct the standard/moving Avg price of material X

By reversing 262 production order cost would be also in correct.

Reason being that component X always comes in packs of 100EA

For this you can use the Fixed lot size FX with quantity as 100.

Best Regards,

R.Brahmankar

darrell_hart
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Salman

What you could do is change your BOM for A = 1 Ea so that it has the following as it's components:

Line 10: X = 100 Ea

Line 20: X = -50 Ea

The system will then issue 100 Ea to the production order and also require 50 Ea to be issued back to the warehouse using a 531 mvt.

Darrell