cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bods doesn't push down derivation logic to database if the field is from inner source

0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a scenario where I am joining 2 tables say Table1 and Table2.It's a left outer Join where Table1 is the driver(all records from table1).say I am mapping a Field from Table2 which is name as nvl(Table2,name,'abc') .With this when I get the optimized sql I can't see the nvl there.however when I map it from the driver table say as  nvl(Table1,name,'abc') it generates the optimized sql which has the nvl in it as well.really BOSA should be able to generate a sql with the nvl under scenario 1 as well .has anyone come across this yet .

My BODS version is 4.2 .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Works fine for me .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk

Have you tried it with the nvl used on a field on the inner table and are you on 4.2 ?

Regards

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, both ways work on 4.2 SP6. Database is MS SQL Server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are on 4.2 as well.However the database is Oracle .Don't fancy that to be the reason of this though.Got me puzzled .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Mine is SAP HANA Db now where NVL will become IFNULL function, So not able to check this.

But in this case better to go with the output. If nvl function is working fine for nvl(Table2,name,'abc') mapping then code is fine.