cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy on iSeries Save/Restore

0 Kudos

hi,

I am doing a homogeneous system copy of ECC 6.0 (ABAP) system with 721 Ext kernel on iSeries.

On the screen in SWPM where it ask parameters for the restoring the database library, i enter the savefile details and library. When i click next, it never progress to the next screen. Basically hung in this process. The PGM-sapinstexe job is in THDW status. No logs are getting written to after this step. The last log in install directory is :

Checking for existence of object R3D32SAVF *FILE in library CABTEMP01.

INFO       2016-04-27 17:23:40.778 (sapiusr/sapinst) [syuxcpath.cpp:446] id=syslib.filesystem.creatingFile CSyPath::createFile()

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW700/LM/COPY/DB4/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-ABAP/bsh.log.

TRACE      2016-04-27 17:23:40.787 (sapiusr/sapinst)

Starting "/QOpenSys/usr/bin/bsh -c "system dspsavf CABTEMP01/R3D32SAVF | grep '*LIB'"" as current user

TRACE      2016-04-27 17:23:40.995 (sapiusr/sapinst) [syuxctask.cpp:229] CChildApplicationImpl::doStart()

A child process has been started. Pid = 89866

INFO       2016-04-27 17:23:41.071 (sapiusr/sapinst) [iaxxbjsmod.cpp:97] id=modlib.jslib.childAppSeeLog

Output of /QOpenSys/usr/bin/bsh -c "system dspsavf CABTEMP01/R3D32SAVF | grep '*LIB'" is written to the logfile bsh.log.

And bsh.log file is empty.

Its almost 6 hours in this status and no progress yet.

Any help on the resolution is highly appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheril,

please look for a job in the save subsystem your sapinstexe job is running that might be in MSGW status. This is probably a problem with the output queue being full and waiting for a reply. Change it to NOMAX and your process should continue.

Regards,

Luis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks for your response Sriram and Luis.

I had see the job PGM-bsh in waiting for message reply and I replied with an R which resolved the issue. Our iSeries admins are against NOMAX .

Thanks

Sheril

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheril.

Could you share the full sapinst log as attachment?

If possible stop and start again SWPM. it may be bug in the SWPM.

BR

SS

0 Kudos

hi Sriram, here is the logs attached. I tried restarting SWPM and starting the copy again and it hangs at the same step.

Thanks

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sheril.

Thanks for your info. from the log error host name resolutions just add the local host enter hostname - IP address and then try again.

BR

SS