cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COM interface to Crystal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm a bit of a beginner at this so please excuse any simple minded questions!

I currently have a 32-bit program which runs and prints some Crystal reports and references the classes 'CrystalRuntime.Application.11' and 'CrystalRuntime.Report.11'.  I would like to upgrade the program to 64-bit (that's easy!) and the latest version of Crystal (version 13?).

so:

1. Does the latest version have a COM interface like version 11?

2. If so, what are the classes that correspond to the above called?

3. Also if so, do I need to do anything special to get the 64-bit versions of the classes?

4. Also if so, what software do I need to get from SAP to be able to develop and test this upgrade?

Thanks very much in advance for all helpful advice and comments! 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

The COM component also known as the RDC has been deprecated since CR XI R2. Meaning no more support for it nor is it shipped with any current releases.

I highly suggest you upgrade to VS 2010 or above and use our .NET components.

Moving your post to the Legacy SDK forum also.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick answer Don.  Unfortunately, moving up to a .NET interface is not practical right now (but soon, I hope).  So, if I want to at least move up to 64-bit, is there somewhere I can find the 64-bit version of CR XI?  Thanks again.  Kevin

0 Kudos

No, CR for VS version 13.x is the only version that supported 64 bit. Sort of, CR for VS 2005 and 2008 had 64 bit support runtime but those versions could not do much.

CR 2008 did not have any 64 bit runtime, 32 bit only.

Don

Answers (0)