Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOPF in eclipse : adding a representation node makes other nodes disappear

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are using the Eclipse environment to model our BOPF objects, but we experience a problem when we add a representation node. All other nodes of the business object disappear from the list with nodes, only the representation node remains :

In BOBX all nodes are still available and everything works just fine:

We are currently using version 1.31.2 of the BOPF Business Object Tools in Eclipse.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Liesbeth

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The fix is now available. Sorry for the delay. It took a while to fix this.

This is both a client and server fix.

Please update the client to ADT 2.64.3 with 1.41.2 BO Tools version.

And for the server side use the note 2328513 - Root node of Business Object disappears in Eclipse if the name is other than standard value "ROOT".

Let me know if you face any issues. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

19 REPLIES 19

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth,

Can you tell me the ADT version as well? I can look into this. The BASIS and SAP_BS_FND version of the ABAP system will help too.

Meanwhile you should be able to update to the next version of ADT.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Do you mean the version of the ABAP Core Development Tools (Developer Edition)? This is version 2.54.2.

The SAP backend details are:

SAP_BASIS = SAPKB74012

SAP_BS_FND = SAPK-74710INSAPBSFND

I asked the administrators whether we can update to the next version of ADT, but they say it's not possible because it would require an update of the SAP backend to 7.50?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards

Liesbeth

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth,

the upgrade to a newer version of ADT is independent from the backend version. You can install ADT 2.58 and can use it against every ADT-enabled backend (>7.31). 

Regards,

Thomas.

0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

I have the same behaviour as Liesbeth with ADT 2.58.2.

Thanks and cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I did the upgrade to ADT 2.58, but this only made things worse :-(. When I try to open my business object, a nullpointerexception is thrown:

What should I do?

Best regards

Liesbeth

0 Kudos

Hello Liesbeth,

I have the same behaviour and I was able to solve the null pointer exception by creating a new workspace of Eclipse. It seems that in the workspace are fragments that parts of other versions of ADT don't like.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Stefan,

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately switching to a new workspace doesn't solve the problem.

Best regards

Liesbeth

0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth,

Note 2292856 - Business Object Editor/Wizard not working in AiE 2.58 should solve your issue.

You can look into this thread for further information.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3876910

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thanks : installing this note has solved the error (after switching to a new workspace)!

The issue with the missing nodes however remains. I tried installing the Eclipse Mars version instead of Luna (which I was using at the moment), but that doesn't make any difference.

Thanks and regards

Liesbeth

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth and Stefan,

Now that the issue is seen in 2.58 I will look into it and get back to you.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth,

Can you tell me the steps to reproduce this issue? BOPF in Eclipse does not allow you to add representation nodes directly and hence I am not aware how to reproduce this issue.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

To add the representation node, I've created an XBO association in Eclipse:

In the association overview I added the attribute binding :

When I activate : a representation node is generated with a generic name (in BOBX):

But I think I found the reason for the disappearing nodes : in my real BO we renamed the ROOT via BOBX (not possible via Eclipse) and I think that causes the problem. In this example I didn't rename the ROOT and now my nodes are still visible in Eclipse (the representation node is not available in the nodes overview):

When I rename the ROOT node : the nodes disappear and only the representation node remains:

Thanks and regards

Liesbeth

0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth,

Yes. I was about to suggest the same to you as a temporary solution while I look for the real solution. The issue is with the rename and not with the representation node creation.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Liesbeth and Stefan,

I found the real issue. Unfortunately I will not be able to provide a fix immediately.

I will let you know as soon as the fix is available, probably in a month's time.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

As suggested earlier, the temporary solution is to not rename the Root node via BOBX.

This will ensure that all remains fine.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Ok, thanks for your help!

In the meantime we'll switch back to using BOBX instead of Eclipse, because renaming the Root node to ROOT again would be a lot of work.

Thanks and regards

Liesbeth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

What is the current status of this issue? When will a bugfix be provided?

Regards,

Timo

bmayhs
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The fix is now available. Sorry for the delay. It took a while to fix this.

This is both a client and server fix.

Please update the client to ADT 2.64.3 with 1.41.2 BO Tools version.

And for the server side use the note 2328513 - Root node of Business Object disappears in Eclipse if the name is other than standard value "ROOT".

Let me know if you face any issues. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hello Shyam,

thanks for your effort and the solution.

Cheers

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shyam,

Thank you for the solution!! I'm now able to continue working in Eclipse, because all the nodes of my business object are available again.

Best regards

Liesbeth