Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ENABLE_HANA_MDX on BW 7.50 HANA

former_member187113
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if you can help here, perhaps.

I am working on SAP BPC 10.1 on BW 7.50 HANA and trying to get an existing Model working. It's a Consolidation (YTD) Model. I need to ENABLE_HANA_MDX

So, the first thing I need to do is activate ENABLE_ACCELERATOR.

1. First question. Is this a Global, an Environment or a Model parameter? The documentation is unclear, but it seems to point that it is a Global parameter.

2. Secondly, do I use a "Y" or an "X" for this parameter?

3. Thirdly, is there anything I need to do after that? (Like a restart, an SE38 program, or something). I am assuming not.

When I add the Model parameter ENABLE_HANA_MDX, it tells me that Acceleration has not been enabled. I have tried having ENABLE_ACCELERATOR at each of Global, Environment and Model levels.

Any ideas? Is there something specific to BW 7.50 that might be different (as opposed to BW 7.40) since BPC in installed as part of the BW stack?

So far, I have looked at:

1. John Leggio's
  2. Prepare your landscape for BPC for BW on HANA: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/7010da4b-f1b0-2f10-b783-b74dfe9f2...
  3. Alex Shen's Blog

Kind Regards

Nick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187113
Participant
0 Kudos

OK,

It looks like I managed to sort this out.

Refer to SAP Note 2010964 - BPC parameters list and how they impact system behavior- BPC NW 10.0/10.1

You need Global Variable - ENABLE_ACCELERATOR to be set

You need Environment Variable - ACCELERATOR_ON to be set

You need Model Variable - ENABLE_HANA_MDX to be set.

(I am still getting MDX issues, but I was at least able to set the parameter).

Kind Regards

Nick

Answers (0)