cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How conditioned based maintenance works in SAP PM?

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could anyone share about conditioned based maintenance business process and also on

how data is transferred from Non-SAP to SAP system.

With Regards,

PS R

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Condition based maintenance in SAP means Triggering Maintenance Jobs based on Measuring Points.
  • A measuring point contains Safe limits (upper and lower)
  • A Reading on MPt is called Measuring Document.
  • When  a MDoc reading crosses the limit a Maintenance Notification/Order is triggered.
  • This triggering of Maint Notification/Order is arranged through user-exit IMRC0001.

That was in SAP when the readings are fed manually to system.

You are asking about non-sap to sap.

• This means you want to convert readings through instrumentation systems such as DCS or SCADA  to  MDoc in SAP.
  • This is possible through connectors which convert SCADA readings to MDocs in SAP through an interface called SAP PO (Process Orchestration)
  • After achieving this the Condition based story begins.
  • When the MDoc value crosses the specified limit of MPt, a Maintenance Notification or Maintenance Order is created asking for Repair
  • I repeat the code for triggering of Maintenance object is written in user-exit IMRC0001
psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the information.

Is condition based & predictive maintenance both one and the same, if not do we have predictive maintenance process in SAP PM.

I understand, there is predictive maintenance process in S/4 HANA logistics, if so could you please explain the process of predictive maintenance similar to the one which you have explained for condition-based maintenance process.

With Regards,

PS R

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • I do not see any difference.
  • There is nothing called Condition based or Predictive maintenance in SAP-PM.
  • SAP can only give objects like Measuring points and Maintenance call objects and Interfacing facility to external systems which can give a shape to our Predictive or CBMS requirements.
  • I do not know what extra provisions are provided (if any such existing) in SAP HANA.
  • I still believe, let it be any software, it depends on how we configure it for our definition of CBMS or Predictive Maintenance. And the fixed part of any automated system would be the Measurement Readings to be transferred from non-SAP to SAP, which is done through some hardware (SCADA like) and an SAP interface.

Regards

KJogeswaraRao

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

I too go with your last point and thanks for the same. I request, if you happen to get any provisions / information in SAP HANA  to share the same.

With regards,

PS R

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

This reply is not on this topic, just now I have gone through topic on root cause analysis using    5-Whys. Really, it is well defined & explained and also it helps others to explain root cause analysis using catalogs & codes.

Thanks a lot for the same.

Warm Regards,

PS R

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS R,

Condition based maintenance deals with your measuring document creation. You need to use  exit IMRC0001 for this.

Please refer to below link for more informaiton.

Customer Exit IMRC0001 - Measuring Points and Counters (CS-IB-MC / PM-EQM-SF-MPC) - SAP Library

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/a7/fa4c988f6611d29e8a0000e8323350/frameset.htm

Also there are many threads on this topic.

Auto creation of Maintenance Notification upon ... | SCN

Condition based maintenance | SCN

Regards,

Amol

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the useful links on condition based maintenance . can you help in providing similar links / information on predictive maintenance business process in  PM S4 HANA.

Regards,

PS R