cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic PO Creation with reference to Agreement in Shipment Cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are implementing the "Transportation" functionality under the Logistics Execution section.

We have completed the configuration and, now, automatic PO is getting generated along with Service Entry Sheet when we are clicking "Transfer" in the Shipment Cost document.

The client wants the automatic PO to get generated against an existing outline agreement with the Vendor/Transporter/Service Agent, so that the open quantity in the outline agreement gets reduced as soon as a shipment has been carried out.

Please suggest if this can be achieved.

Thanks & Regards,

Debarshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Shipment is created with reference to outbound or inbound delivery document not outline agreement, so direct impact will not be possible in outline agreement as per my understating.

Now coming to process:

When a delivery is created I m sure you are creating the same with help of a release order and this release order is been created with reference to your outline agreement, so the impact which is required by you in term of quantity and all will had as per standard system behavior.

Now getting bit confused with the below wording of yours:

The client wants the automatic PO to get generated against an existing outline agreement with the Vendor/Transporter/Service Agent, so that the open quantity in the outline agreement gets reduced as soon as a shipment has been carried out.

Do you mean to say auto PO Creation with reference to outline agreement, so did shipment module is applicable or not?

Anyhow I don't think your requirement should be like that. however you can create auto PO in case of third party sales process but shipment will not come into picture as mentioned earlier.

Thanks.

Sumeet Sah

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I guess what Former Member means is whether he can create the PO which is referenced in shipment cost document can be created with reference to an agreement for the same vendor in shipment cost document or not.

It can not be done with customizing and I wish you good luck Debarshi, trying to find some suitable badi or user exit for your purpose. Badis for shipment cost document do not look at all like they can handle this requirement. Additionally, theoretically there can be more than one outline agreement for a vendor, so even if you succeed to find a suitable enhancement spot, you'd have to consider that as well.

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Former Member

But can you please help us to understand why your client want to follow that way, when SAP has provided such a logical and full proof solution for the same.

Thanks

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think the requirement makes sense. Customer has made a service agreement with the vendor, and whenever a PO is created for the vendor, it is only logical that they want the PO quantity to be reduced from the agreement quantity. However, it seems like quite a tough task to implement in Shipment Costing functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a lot to both. I understand the complexity of the development and, thus, was trying to figure out in case anyone has faced such requirement/development.

@Sumeet - I completely agree with you that the standard solution is the logical and full proof solution. Our client is an Indian PSU company and transporters are finalized based on tenders. Thus, purchase contracts are signed with transporters for certain amount (say Rs 10000). As soon as a service entry of Rs 2000 is posted through shipment cost document, the open purchase contract value should reduce to Rs 8000. The service entry should not get posted in case there are not enough open contract value left. Being a PSU company, if this check is not there, it might lead to audit complexities.

Regards,

Debarshi

former_member184771
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Understood. But mapping this will have lot of complexity in system as its directly impact shipment.

Can you not propose creation of auto shipment cost document once you create a release order with respect  your outline agreement. By this way you client will not have to make much manual entries which as a PSU company this will the primary concern to them.

Otherwise you need to take up this in z which will had much much complexity in its own.

Many Thanks.

SS