Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email Activity in SAP CRM

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Champs !!

My requirement is that i want to email directly to BP maintained in SAP CRM and their email activities should also be saved in interaction history as Email send date and time , Email reply date and time. I am new to SAP CRM and working on this scenario first time. After doing R&D i propose Groupware Integration with Outlook but after it's installation by Basis team we could not integrate outlook with SAP CRM. Then we raise ticket on SAP and they replied that Email integration is not supported with the client based groupware. There are 2 ways for integration which SAP Offers:

1.  1-1 Email Integration ( I am confused that whether it is totally Functional Activity or Technical Activity)

2. Desktop Connection with SAP CRM ( I am confused that whether it is totally Functional Activity or Technical Activity)

Looking forward for your cooperation.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member92946
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Syed,

have you already read following article E-Mail - SAP Library ? It explains that after you have sent an Email to a BP from your Address Book, an Activity gets created which can later be used and edited. This is the quote for reference: "E-mails that you send are saved as activities. You can call them up again at any time and edit them."

I hope this clarifies the case.

Regards,

Markus

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Markus,

Thanks for reply

Yes it seems fine that from each email execution , an activity will be created in SAP CRM which will assist in finding history.

But my another question is for Integration with outlook I will have to use Desktop connection or any another mechanism. Further , whether it would be cater through technical end or only functional.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use Desktop Connection () or Client Based Groupware Integration . You will get similar effect. DCN is newer.

regarding DCN this is Basis (component + gateway to be installed) and than functional work.

Sending email from CRM, saving it as Activity this is standard using these tools. Regarding receiving emails this is a different topic, or you can Transfer them manually from Outlook to CRM one by one.

BR
Radek

former_member265307
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Radek,

Thanks for your reply

As you mentioned that sending email from CRM and saving it as a Activity this is standard . While you mentioned that receiving email is different topic. Now my concern is that we can trace the record of sending emails through activities in crm , can we trace the records of receiving emails in crm as well or not.

Regards,

Fahad Imam 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

depends on what do you mean by "tracing the record" - but of course you can save in CRM data about received emails (if the email is delivered directly to SAP CRM by e.g. MS Exchange, you will have all its header data available, and on activity in CRM date of its creation - so delivery to CRM - if workflow for inbound email is active and processes inbound emails).

BR
Radek