cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing regulatory lists in SERC content

Former Member
0 Kudos

An open ticket regarding this exists however not clear if the new lists would be added to their future content or not. I would therefore like to know how this is being handled by several other using SAP SERC? What are the alternative sources to provide these data.

Lists examples are Australian group export control list: Chemical weapons precursors; Korea AREC restricted chemicals K-REACH (Article 27); EU Regulation 428/2009 control of exports of dual use items, to name a few. They are part of the Restriction Status rule lists.

We had two data providers SAP SERC and Ariel, however we are using only SAP SERC, so we need to fix this gap. Any suggestions and feedback would be highly appreciated here. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update, all the lists we requested for are being looked into and will most likely be added to SERC content in coming updates. This is a great relief to us all in the company, thank you SERC we are happy customers,

Kind regards

Tanya

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tanya

sometimes it is a good idea to "escalate" a little bit and to talk with content provider. In most cases they are willing then to provide the data for the missing regulatory lists.

Congratulation for your success in this conteext

C.B.

Ralph_P
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

Since you opened a ticket with the SERC team: What was their reply?

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ralph,

The ticket reply mentioned they would come back in a few days with a response from SERC experts. So will just wait and see, am hoping they will be willing to add them on. When I have some update will come back here to mention the outcome. Thanks.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tanya

the topci is "quite" simple. You have SAP and e.g. ARIEL as content provider. You "miss" data which should be there. In the license there is some "guarantee" what SAP or ARIEL will deliver. Therefore to raise a ticket is a good option; if the answer is not what you would like to get: escalate.. at the end it is a topic of "money" (sometimes). As you know: we do not have that many content provider:(SAP and ARIEL are the big player here) and it is not very probable that you have enough ressource to analyse the lists and the try to maintain data by your own.

In your case it is a little bit complicate. You have two providers. But you load the data by SAP: So first question: why do you use ARIEL on top? Ok sometimes SAP delviers more contetn; sometimes ARIEL; but why to pay money "twice"?

C.B:

P:S you shoud not try to load data from SAP and ARIEL at the same time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

Thank you for the alert we have had two providers fro the longest time and its a huge configuration task to maintain Ariel data to work with SERC rules. We have finally decided to go with SERC as only provider, which is great news. However we now have the gap I mention and since we no longer maintain Ariel data, until SAP provides this we would need to fill this gap somehow. Am hoping SERC will provide this as was looking for some intermediate solution until then. Any suggestions welcome.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tanya

it is not an "alert" as such. You need to  understand

To load data SAP and ARIEL uses different tool; to detect and handle changes in database is different

Therefore. only if "list A" is provided by SAP but not by ARIEL 8or vice versa) one might think about to load from ARIEL; but ARIEL proivdes (to my knowledge) other services as well which you can use to handle this;

Looking on a parallel thread: the installation of the "load" tool of ARIEl is that sepcifci (for the first time) that you need help from ARIEL; this kind of invest should only be done ifyou have a "strategy"; it is "common" that SAP and ARIEL need time to handle new lists, and I am pretty sure that the list of llsts which they support is different

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am familiar with Ariel load tool and my issue is not how to get their data, we already have that. The issue is maintaining those type of lists as customers are used to looking at the content, also some are required to be displayed regionally. True, SERC provides some lists that Ariel misses as well, however since we are moving towards SERC the focus is more on filling in the missing pieces. Will await their response and then return here with an update. Might help some others that are also seeing the same.