cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUC Capitalized as Transfer to Fixed Asset

Former Member
0 Kudos

When an AUC was created in 2015, and I attempt to capitalize it as a fixed asset in 2016, it shows up on the Asset History Sheet (S_ALR_87011990) as a 'transfer' rather than an 'acquisition'. 

I understand that this is because the AUC was originally created in 2015, but since we use the Asset History Sheet for our account reconciliations, it would be a much more accurate representation for this to show up as an 'acquisition', since I am capitalizing the asset in 2016. 

Is there a different report I should be using for our reconciliations because of the way the system assigns 'transfer' vs 'acquisition' status? 

Or is there a way to properly show assets completed & capitalized in 2016 as 'acquisitions' rather than 'transfers'?

Thank you,

William

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi William

I dont think we can change the Logic of the standard report

but if you consider the Transaction Type along with it (346 or something), it should help indicate you that it is an acquisition. So, it is actually a matter of interpretation. We can interpret it the way we like

Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ajay,

Is there a way to see the Transaction Type on the face of the Asset History Sheet?  From the 'variant' menu it doesn't look like that field is an option.  It seems like it would be much more efficient than using AW01N to see the transaction type for each asset we capitalize.

The main benefit to using the asset history sheet seemed to be that it showed all the pertinent information for our reconciliation on one report.  Now, however, the acquisition/transfer issue means that any actual transfers of completed assets (such as between entities) that take place will be shown in the same field as newly capitalized assets.  Is there really no workaround for this?

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand

Just checked. TTY is not there in the report. And Even the Sort Variants (OAVI) wont help to bring the TTY

One workaround is to use Evaluation Group 1 Field and there we can indicate what type of capitalization it was - Acquisition, Transfer, etc.. This field can be pulled into Asset history Sheet using Sort Variant (you can specify a sort variant on the input screen)

Otherwise, ABAP report seems to be the Option to me

Ajay M

Answers (0)