Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to zero out all entries in a BW-infocube based on entry criterion

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a infocube inside APO, which we use for extracting data from planning books, then to release it to ECC.

How can I make all the Key Figures value to ZERO inside it for a particular (Product/Plant/Version) selection?

I don't want the KeyFigure values of other version inside this infocube to change though, is it possible?

Rgds.

NK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

To be honest, was unable to understand the exact issue but surely while you are loading the data into Infocube you can use respective logic into the transformation and manipulate the data accordingly.

In our case, we try to release only delta FCST from DP-->ECC, so we extract back the data loaded into ECC into APO BW cube and then we do the comparison between FCST which has been released and FCST which we suppose to release today and only load the Product/Plant/Version into the cube where we have difference.

So as I said above you can have different logic built in transformation. Please let us know if this information help you. Would be also great if you kindly explain the requirement more in detail.

Thanks

AMOL

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Thanks for replying.

Our scenario

We have one single infocube named XSNP_IC which is being loaded with Key Figure Data from APO, frequently.

Since we have multiple geographies in this APO, we have different Planning Books for different Geographies.

However we have one single Planning Area in SNP only.

This info-cube in APO XSNP_IC at any point of time contains lots of data belonging to different location/products/versions.

What I wanted to know is : "How can I selectively zero out data inside this infocube filtering on plant/products/version, keeping the data of other geographies intact in this infocube"

Did you understand the question?

Rgds.

NK

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Blue Lotus,

You can also create a new load process out of an empty DP key figure into the mentioned InfoCube which you map within the DTP to the key figure you would like to zero out.

The rest is standard.

regards, Peter

Private_Member_738444
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter/Amol,

Thanks for your notes.

I found the way to empty out everything to zero in the infocube -- based on filter of version 001.

Thanks for your replies.

Rgds.

NK

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you want to ZERO out the key figures immediately when you load the data from PlanArea to Cube?

If you want to ZERO out you could define an attribute called REGION on the Location infoobject.

You have to fill this ONE time as master data.

So:

Location 1 = REGION A

Location 2 = REGION A

Location 3 = REGION B

If Load this REGION also in your infocube.

With a new load from this cube to itself you can zero out the key figures.

Within the DTP you can select the REGION.

In this way you can decide yourself which REGION to clean.