cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Notification for Distribution List in SAP

former_member206593
Participant
0 Kudos

I am using Workflow Rule 30000012 (SWX_READ_DLI) in my work-item and passing SAP Distribution List name in binding to fetch users IDs to send to their Inbox.

Once, workitem is created, will Extended Notification take care of reading Rule --> Distribution List --> SAP Users --> fetch their related Email ID in su01 - to send external email to their outlook?

I have never tried EN with distribution list and couldn't find anything online either.

Another question: How does an email with workitem having Form look in Outlook? If I am using Approve type Form, does it give only Approve/Reject options in the Email or it gives the form as well to fill out. For the Rejection reason popup, I found SAP recently sent an OSS note, which creates a Text box in the Outlook Email body to enter notes. Is there anything similar for Forms as well or that works fine already?

Regards,

Saras

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Saras,

concerning your first question "will Extended Notification take care of reading Rule --> Distribution List --> SAP Users --> fetch their related Email ID in su01 - to send external email to their outlook?":

It should work fine, but works a little differently:

it is not Extended Notification (engine), that goes all the 'Rule --> Distribution List --> SAP Users --> fetch their related Email ID' way.

Actually, this chain falls into two parts:

1)  'Rule --> Distribution List --> SAP Users' happens when the Workflow engine evaluates agents for the workitem (when it is created , etc).

2)  'SAP Users -->  Email ID' is what left for Extended Notification to do.

So, no matter how simple or complex was the agent determination procedure, Extended Notification always works with its results only (list of agents).

You can make sure that your rule works by running 'simulate rule resolution' in PFAC transaction.

PS

To be precise, a Distribution List can hold not only SAP Users, but also other types of elements. Evaluation of agents for these types varies accordingly (you can see through  the code of FM SWX_DLI_READ_FOR_ROLE, which the rule 30000012 is based on).

former_member206593
Participant
0 Kudos

Perfect!! That makes complete sense. Thanks Egor.

Do you have answer to my 2nd Question as well?

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Saras,

unfortunately I don't - haven't ever gone beyond basic notifications

Answers (0)