cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in File C:\Users\PRINTC~1.NET\AppData\Local\Temp\Web_Rev_0515_ArticleNumber_Only {EAB37C84-C650-415E-8323-4EF9EEC2AB51}.rpt:The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings,

I am using Visual Studio 2005 with Crystal Reports 2008.  I currently have a web application running on a Windows 2008 Standard 32 bit server.  I am migrating to a Windows 2008 Server R2 64bit server.  I moved everything to the new server and am getting this message.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Error in File C:\Users\PRINTC~1.NET\AppData\Local\Temp\Web_Rev_0515_ArticleNumber_Only {EAB37C84-C650-415E-8323-4EF9EEC2AB51}.rpt:
The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error in File C:\Users\PRINTC~1.NET\AppData\Local\Temp\Web_Rev_0515_ArticleNumber_Only {EAB37C84-C650-415E-8323-4EF9EEC2AB51}.rpt:
The request could not be submitted for background processing.

Source Error:

Line 1630: Line 1631: Line 1632: crReportDocument.Export()

The version of the Crystal 2008 assemblies that Visual Studio is referencing is 12.0.2000.0.  I am referencing this in the web.config file which matches the files in c:\windows\Assemblies.

I am running the IIS application pool in 32 bit mode and compiling the Visual Studio project in 32 bit mode.

I noticed in ProcMon that there was a key that was listed as NAME NOT FOUND.

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-82-2106413326-2775718262-3837081262-3678447609-4124615764\Software\Business Objects\Suite 12.0\Crystal Reports\Database

I proceeded to add the \Database key and then I had a successful export to PDF.  I tried producing the report again and received the same error message above.  After that, no luck.  I then tried removing and re-adding the \Database key again and had a few successful prints just one time after adding the key, then same error again. 

The report is using SQLOLEDB to get the data that is being passed to the report.

crReportDocument.SetDataSource(dataSet)

I have a 64 bit version of SQL server installed.  Could this be the issue since I am running IIS in 32bit mode and compiling the Visual Studio project in 32bit mode? 

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I follow your instructions and downloaded various service packs available on the SAP downloads page.  

I just tried installing Crystal 2008 SP3 and received the message below.

When I tried installing SP2 I received the error message in my previous email.

Not sure why installing a service pack is so challenging.  This should be simple stuff.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Todd

0 Kudos

Hi Todd,

Because you are on the original release you have to install each one progressively. Unfortunately due to licensing and legals we can't put a full build of CR 2008 on that site, you have to do each one.

And because CR 2008 is end of life and in maintenance mode you can't download a trial version to skip past all of those updates.

I'll see if we can get a full build put on that download page. But for now your only option is to download and install each one...

One other option is to contact Sales, see if they can give you a link to SP 7, you'll have to have your keycode to be able to install because it requires an uninstall first.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Don!

So, it seems like the best solution is to simply purchase the latest version of Crystal reports, which I believe is 2013.  If so, is there a 64bit version available or will I still have to run the IIS Application pool in 32 bit mode on the Windows 2008 R2 64bit server?

Also, will I have to recreate any of my reports or will the reports created in Crystal 2008 be compatible with 2013?

Thanks,

Todd

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SDK is no longer bundled with Crystal Reports.  However, it's available for free here:  .

Uninstall the Crystal 2008 SDK prior to installing the Crystal for VS SDK.  Then use the latest version of the "Install Executable" from the link above to get integration into Visual Studio 2010 or newer.  The links in the other columns on this page are for the various runtime installs that are available for deploying your application.

With this new SDK, you can develop and deploy a 64-bit app (target X64) that will use a 64-bit database client to connect to the data or you can develop and deploy a 32-bit app (target X86) that will use a 32-bit database client to connect to the data. 

No, you will not have to update your reports - your existing ones are compatible.

-Dell

0 Kudos

And to add to Dell's info....

Depending on how you created your WEB app depends on the setting for the CPU and project...

If it's a WEB app then it's all up to IIS as to when platform it runs in and which SDK to deploy on the IIS server.

So if you ahve no option in VS to set the platform, x86 or x64 then you can simply deploy the 64 bit MSI on the WEB server and the app should run. You'll need to make the framework and permissions are configured for your app.

In IIS change the platform this way for your App Pool:

Don

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dell,

I just installed Crystal Reports 2008 from the original installation media.  I have tried to install the Service Packs and Merge Modules from the SAP downloads page but each time I get the message below.  I don't understand why the title says Business Object XI when the file I was installing when I received the below message was the CRYSTAL REPORTS 2008 V1, PATCH WINDOWS (32B) file.

The version of Crystal 2008 that I have installed is

Can you provide me with a link to the Crystal 2008 SDK Runtime Merge Modules?

Thank,

Todd

0 Kudos

Error message is searchable by the way.... Typically means your IIS App Pool is not set to 32 bit or x86 mode.

You are using the original release, you need to update to SP 7.

Downloads are here: Downloads for SAP Crystal Reports and others

Don

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you just copy the files over to the new server or did you install the Crystal 2008 SDK Runtime Merge Modules?  If you just copied files, you need to install the runtime - there are a number of things that need to be set in the registry and registered in the GAC in order for the the SDK to work properly.

-Dell