Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Indian sap industry give job 38 year old fresher certified SAP CONSULTANT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my office there is a one guy who want to come in sap industry and want to do SAP MM certification in age of 38 he had 8 year experience in material management,can he get the job in SAP industry after his certification

4 REPLIES 4

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, Indian IT companies are not mature.

They have some funny criterias and one of them is age.

Though they are private, the way they operate and measure performance does not make them any different than Orthodox Govt Organizations

Take any Big name and they are like that.. Better to target smaller companies.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

deepak,

The answer is different case by case, individual by individual (and their financial position by their financial position). Today's SAP job market does not give "you" a job, you need to "take" it. What I mean is you need to get worthy, succeed in interviewers and then deliver / add value and you will get and retain a job in SAP.

Is your friend willing to "take" a job? do what it takes?

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

What Ajay and TW said is correct.

In my opinion, if your friends has got a good experience in Material Management and now wants to come to SAP MM, he can do that.  But big companies have so many strange rules and hence, he will need to target small IT companies. They give a little less salary but they give you so much work and exposure that you can get 4 years worth of experience in 2 years itself.  After 3 to 4 years working for a small company, he can then go to a big company.

I would say even, MM certification is not so mandatory. Just take the MM training from a good institute, which may not cost more 25 to 30 K and then try in small IT companies because they appreciate the people who know domain and once you are trained in SAP it makes you better. End of the day, you can become a good SAP consultant only when you know the business. Configuration can be done by anybody by seeing google and taking help from others. But if your friend is good in domain, SAP would be little comfortable to learn and then to try out.

When he gets a job somewhere, later he can go for a certification but according to me, that is not essential at this point of time. Just a good training course would do.

If your friend is in Bangalore, he can probably try with Bigtech Sofware, JK Infotech etc. and there are some other companies as well which may help.

Thanks

Seema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

my clear answer is "Even its bit tough but not impossible to get a job". Your candidate will get a job but he my have to compromise somewhere in Compensation part. Current market condition is for certified freshers, most of Tier 1 companies have fixed salary range. In some cases it varies considering the expertise & domain experience.

But if your candidate gets certified and look for a job in core industries rather than going for service industry, it might help him a lot.

Regards,

Amol