cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Periodic Billing Plan - Number of days / month issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Client have requirement that for some customers the billing cycle should be 28 days / month and not actual days of month.

I created new Billing Plan Type - ZZ and maintained Days In Month = 28

Days in year = Blank

Calendar ID = Blank

Next billing date - 53 (Monthly)

Assigned this billing plan type ZZ to customer

Billing plan assigned to Item category is 02

No billing plan type assigned to document type

When I create quote I get pop up asking if I want to change billing plan type from 02 to ZZ - which is fine

but when I go to billing plan I see monthly billing plan.

04/01/2016 to 04/30/2016 - Billing date = 04/01/2016

05/01/2016 to 05/31/2016 - Billing date = 05/01/2016

Results I am expecting

04/01/2016 to 04/28/2016 - Billing date = 04/01/2016

04/29/2016 to 05/27/2016 - Billing date = 04/29/2016

Any suggestions what I am Missing?

Thank you,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Any suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal, did you set date determination rule for this via OVBS? give Baseline date as '07', Time period = 28, Time unit = '1' make the necessary settings and share your feedback accordingly. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you

It works but Now another issue

I maintained my condition type monthly and now billing plan calculating amount on daily basis

My monthly amount is 120

Billing plan is 28 days and amount for each billing plan keep changing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal apologies for late reply, please keep Time Unit as monthly for your OVBS settings and also confirm as what is the calculation type for your condition type in V/06 it has to be 'M'. Please check and share your feedback accordingly. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rehman,

Thanks for reply. When I did below changes it was perfect for me. I want it to show 28 days in month on billing plan

Baseline date as '07',

Time period = 28,

Time unit = '1'

I have another Rule which is 30 days in a month

I want pricing to be same for both rules

If I maintain my condition type monthly and now billing plan calculating amount on daily basis

My monthly amount is 120. I want $120 for 28 days and for 30 days billing cycle same

Billing plan is 28 days and amount for each billing plan keep changing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got your point, see this is standard behavior of the system and dependent on the calculation type for your condition mentioned in V/06 as pricing calculates proportional periods that is purely dependent on number of days due to which billing amounts may vary. If you want pricing to be fixed irrespective of number of days then change the calculation type to 'C' and let me know if this works for you as i believe it should even it will work with calculation type 'M' too. Also, please have a look at OSS note 92655 - Billing plan: billing yearly prices on monthly basis for better understanding. Let me know if you need further clarification on this. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rehman,

this does work but now if there are less than 28 Days days or partial billing it is not doing pro-rate and for that I can maintain formula / calculation type.

Any other option apart from maintaining formula?

Thank you for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vishal, it depends that you want pro rata factor upto what proportion. See you need to play with calculation type of your condition type like 'M', 'N', 'O', 'P' for monthly, yearly, daily and weekly billing plans and if that doesn't work for you then you have to go for condition base formula using VOFM write a logic accordingly with the help of your abaper but before that you've to be very clear with the proportion factor. Everything has been shared in OSS note which i've mentioned in my earlier post but still if you want clarification you can ask freely. Thanks.

Answers (0)