Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a single dimension

former_member577658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to transport a dimension from DEV system to QAS using SAP CTS.

When I select this dimension only in RSA transport workbench, I get a warning that it has a dependent object -- AAPS Environment Info. If I include
this object (checkbox at the head of object's hierarchy of a BPC environment) in the transport request along with the dimension, I get a warning about another bunch of dependent objects -- namely, all othe dimensions, models/cubes and some other stuff.

Can I somehow create a transport request for specific dimension only, without getting any warnings? Or, is it appopriate to ignore these warnings and release the request?

Thank you,

Valery

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

While selecting the Dimension for transport, did you try  this

Right-click on the environment name and click on 'Do not transport any below' , then selecting the dimension that you need and then transport.

Thanks,

Varsha Nalkur

akos_beres
Contributor
0 Kudos

Valery,

you should be able to transport a single dimension to QAS without the environment information if the dimension technical name in Dev and QAS are the same. In that case, you can ignore the warning. If the technical names are not the same, the transport will fail.

Akos

former_member577658
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Akos,

Technical names of the dimension are the same in DEV and QAS. We are on SP 80108, which includes stabilizing of technical names during transport.

Thank you,

Valery

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Valery,

If you are adding a new dimension in your model, then most of the objects would have been modified - reports, input forms, Bpfs, Business rules, etc. All these need to be transported again.

System will ask for dependant objects and you will have to include Model as well

If you are transporting reports & input forms, then all dimensions would be required to be transported again as all these will be dependant objects for reports & input forms.

Regards,

Rahul