cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SMTP INBOUND CONFIG (Client assignment SICF)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Trying to understand the SMTP inbound configuration

(client assignment part)

PRD (Instance)

PRD 100

PRD 101

PRD 102

are the three clients

As per a SAP document

Every SAP system client that is to receive and process incoming mails (or status notifications) must have an SMTP server. One SMTP server (
SAPconnect) has already been created in transaction SICF and is delivered with every SAP system. Use this to create the first client and then create another SMTP server for each additional client. Configure the following settings on the SMTP servers:

What i understood is that SAPCONNECT will be there [already created] in one system [instance]

In my case

i will have to use this[already created smtp server-sapconnect....tcode sicf] to do the necessary config for client no 1 [PRD 100]

then i have to login individually to the other two clients [prd101] and[prd102] and create virtual host for both of them

[say VH1 and VH2]

Is this approach correct ?

Kindly help

Regards,

Abhishek Gupta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manish_singh13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Please refer SAP Note 455140 and yes you have to create 3 profile parameters (Virtual Hosts & SMTP Ports) if you want to use all 3 Clients for Inbound & Outbound mail processing.

You need to maintain Client & User Credentials in SICF for SAPCONNECT Service. You will also need system user in all 3 clients with S_A.CON profile to update in this service.

Thanks,

MPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, i got it now

Thanks for the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

More in to this, you will also need to think about your DNS -- Outlook flow design. In my case it was a incoming traffic to outlook mailbox for each client where it was needed to setup something called Exchange Connector in order to logically separate entire flow for different clients.

Answers (0)