Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC adapter Response Junk characters

former_member234749
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing a strange issue in the scenario FILE-->PI<-->RFC( Async Sync scenario).

FILE<--PI    

We are getting Junk response from SAP RFC sometimes, when we send the same request after some time it works fine means getting proper response. Some times it works first request itself some time we keep on trying until we get the valid response. 

I thought of code page error, but if that is the case we shouldn't get the valid response when we try next time with the same request.

ABAPer debugged the code and he is saying that no issues in the code. Could any one please suggest how can I trace this error whether this issue is at ECC side or at PI side?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member204100
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

it's worth to look into the JCo traces as well. You might also increase the trace level in order to get more detailed picture about the communication between the RFC adapter and backend system.

Note: 628962 - How to switch on the SAP JCo trace

Also ensure that the correct codepage is used and the data what you are reading fits to this codepage:

Note: 1849382 - Codepage mismatch between the PI RFC channel and the registered RFC server program

Best Regards,

Viktor

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Givinda,

Increase the trace level to debug as mentioned question 12 in below sap note.

730870 - FAQ XI 3.0/ PI 7.0/ PI 7.1/ PI 7.11/ PI 7.2/ 7.3 RFC Adapter

Get the traces and see what is the difference between successful one and failed one, i think in the trace you will find the information about error.

Regards,

Praveen.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you say Junk Response what does that mean?

Also when you say after sometime it works, is it for same request message or different message?

Regards

Bhavesh

Bhargavakrishna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govinda,

In ECC  go to SM59 --> RFC destination and try to enable unicode and test again.

Regards

Bhargava Krishna