Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy-Paste bug (?)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear SCN,

Since quite sometime the author noticed a thing described below while posting to SCN threads. I could not judge whether it was intentional arrangement in the software or a bug. Finally weighing towards the possibility of a bug, decided to inform to SCN.

See the picture below. (Taken from discussion: Refurb Order - Cost element category for cost e... | SCN)

Compare the fonts of words 'Value cat SPARE' at both places. The words at Red arrow are of bigger font. when compared to the normal font of the posts (rest of the post). How did it happen?

I could make-out that the author copied that part from the green arrow place and pasted it in the sentence below (Red arrow). In these cases the author does not find the font difference until he submits (Post message) the post. After that everyone will be able to see this Font difference.

Live example: (I am Copy-pasting below the first few words of this post)

Since quite sometime the author noticed a thing described below while posting to SCN threads.

Thank you

KJogeswaraRao

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Text formatting is also copied to the rich text editor when copying/pasting to SCN.  However, the style sheets are different so you should expect a difference between the source and SCN when performing such as action.

You can paste as text only, use notepad to copy to first or use the Remove Formatting option on the advanced editor toolbar to strip away any inappropriate formatting.

Best,

Jason

Answers (0)