Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activation is successful but material is not creating

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a strange behavior with the creation of multiple materials, I am uploading the file and it activates without any error but when i check in the system it doesnt create any material, can someone help me with this

Thanks

Arihant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

So the problem was exactly what I said it was and yet you've marked your own answer as helpful but my solution was neither helpful or right?

Seems like a legitimate and fair thing to do I have alerted the moderator based on points cheating.

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

Yes, we also found similar issue for Profit Center; but it was stuck in activation and not failed hence no SLG1 logs. Most importantly WF shows approved for user steps and back ground step of Activation will be in progress, not sure if that was the same case with your scenario.

Thanks,

Cherry.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

As a first step, please check the Work Flow log for your Change Request.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

workflow log is fine..its shows Activate...

former_member209780
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Arihant,

Check the SLG1 logs for your change request number

Regards

Goutham

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

Agree with Goutham, but just to add check with WF user ID which is mostly 'WF-BATCH', that is immediately after activation - it should be the last one in the list, or you can do a time mapping/check.

Cherrs,

Cherry.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

everything is in green...i dont see any warning or error message in SLG1

former_member201266
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check if the data is there in stating tables?

Check it after upload and after WF activation.

Use T-code: MDG_DATA_MODEL to check the table.

Thanks,

Cherry.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes data is there in staging tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

Please let know which CR Type you are using ? Is is standard one MAT0A ?

Whether Activation step got executed successfully in WF process. In WF log, whether a workitem exists for activation step ?

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

No, it is not standard i am using a customized CR, but interestingly this CR works if I upload a different file with 100+ fields but the other file where i have around 30 fields it doesnt work, so I dont think it is something related to CR, I have checked the programming also for this but everything looks ok to me

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Arihant,

Any dumps in ST22 ? In WF Log, whether a work item exists for Activation step  and what is the CR status after WF completion?

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

There is no dump in ST22, and after WF completion it shows as active, no error in SLG1 as well

benjamin_allsopp
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Given this information - I would look at what of the 100 fields you are not using in your 30 fields.

When you manually create a material in SAP are any of these 70 extra fields mandatory? Maybe the checks aren't fully executing.

In circumstances like this, where it works for one set of fields and not others, it is pretty much always the data which is amiss. 

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

No if I am missing any mandatory data in the upload process than system should have thrown error at the time of validation but this is not happening and it allows me to activate it without any error but materials are not getting set up, though i have checked the upload file again and all mandatory fields are there in the file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arihant,

Do you have specified any Reuse Active Area as MDG for Entities at Entity Type level ? If so then please remove them and try uploading it again.

former_member200911
Participant
0 Kudos

This is resolved now..It was some data problem somehow system is taking SSQSS field as mandatory but if we dont put it system doesnt throw any error that is strange

p391977
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have limited knowledge about SAP MDG

But as per me, in order to activate a material, it should be created prior to that no.

Best Regards,

Radheshyam P.