SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event through which installment plan clearing can be controlled?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created 6 installment plans with clearing restriction 8. So when a billing is done, 1 installment plan line item is picked and clearing restriction 8 is removed. Once billing is done before invoicing account maintenance/automatic clearing is done and bill amount is adjusted accordingly. So if I have credit amount it gets adjusted against the bill amount.

My issue is installment plan amount should not get cleared against a specific main and sub transaction in which Credit amount is there (This credit can be used only against Consumption charges).

Is there any event through which I can specify that Main 0080 and sub transaction 0010 should not get cleared against specified main and sub transaction? 

5 REPLIES 5

ivor_martin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In  the configuration path for Utilities->Invoicing->

Invoice Processing->->Item selection in Account Maintenance/Define Sub-Items

For Clearing Types R4, R41, R42, and R43:

Specify Main Transaction 0080 (and Sub Transaction if necessary), you need to select "9" in the "OIsel" column (Open Item Selection).

This should accomplish what you want.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Dilip,

To make the Main/Sub of installment plan to take part in invoicing account maintenance, the solution mentioned by Ivor would suffice.

However, if you want that main/sub not to get cleared with a specific credit sub, you will have to enhance your clearing variant.

There in the selection of Main and Sub you can first allow all other transactions to offset (consumption charge and the credit you mentioned), you can achieve that by rank order of Main and Sub. In a subsequent step you can put a logic (FM *TFK115 - (customer FM) or configuration) not to offset 0080/0010 with the credit main/sub.

Hope it helps.

Regards

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Hi Bodhisattwa,

Can you explain more at config level to achieve bellow point.

In a subsequent step you can put a logic (FM *TFK115 - (customer FM) or configuration) not to offset 0080/0010 with the credit main/sub.

Regards,

Hari

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

It depends upon the existing clearing rule that Dilip is using.

I can suggest to create a new step with a Z grouping variant.

Let's say the the gropuing variant is ZTRA where it will be mapped with a FM of type *TFK116.

Inside the FM, custom code can be written to loop through all the documents and create two separate grouping strings in t_e516_fkkcl_e_fwert_te516.

The first gorup will contain instalment plan items (and others) and the other group will contain specific credit document (and the others).

Group names can be given as "INST" and "NONINST", it is a flat text of char 20. Based on that system will create two separate groups and will not let them offset with each other.

Regards

Bodhisattwa

0 Kudos

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Hari