cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No components reservations against maintenance plans -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have already raised one query some what similar to this few days ago. In my SAP system I want to block the reservations of components "preventive maintenance order type" when ever a plan is created (T-Code IP41/42). I have already made the changes using TCODE OIOE . But the changes do not apply for maintenance plans whereas other order types are working fine - CORRECTIVE & B/D.

See the settings below made using TCODE OIOE.

here, PM01= B/D, PM02 = Corrective , PM03 = Preventive. Note that I have applied changes for all.

Question: Why maintenance plans(using IP41/42) once scheduled/ released (using IP10) are reserving the components in the orders and even if the status is changed manually from "immediately" to "never" it shows this error.

See the snapshot below.

I hope that the question is clear to all. Please guide !!

Regards

Rubab Zehra.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just to help the newbies.

Solution I could find to this problem is in the "Task List" we assign to maintenance plans.

While assigning Task List to the "Maintenance Plan(IP42/41)" change MR/PR (Components Tab) field for each component in the Task List  to "Not Relevant to Materials Planning". After these changes materials will not be reserved/booked on orders. See the screen shot for reference.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Thanks for the Information.

This will restrict for Material Planning and Creation of PR. But you still have the reservation in place for the component in the work order. Also if the component item is set to "Never", then there is no way it will be reserved for the order. You can check the stock in MMBE.

In case, if the Never is changed to Immi and it was saved, no way you can change back.

When i did a testing, using not relevant for Material planning, this might be used, if the Material is related to MRP and which creates PR if the stock goes minimum. I guess this was the functionality of this field.

Regards

Terence

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amol,

I have already made the changes for two order types Corrective/ & B/D and they are working fine. The idea is to block the reservations so that the components can be used for other reasons as well.

The error that is shown above does pop-out for any other order types. It is strange though since the settings are same for all the order types in OIOE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

DO you mean reservation is not getting created for other work order types? Only getting created for work orders generated via maintenance plans?

Regards,

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, via maintenance plans but only for preventive. Rest of the order types are working fine- B/D and Corrective.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

When it comes to stopping reservations for an order type, I dont think it is possible.

Now coming to screenshot, I think your WO is release and you are trying to change something on component reservation part. It wont allow if your order is already release.

Could you please focus more light on the WO - XXXXXXXX888 as per your screenshot. What your you trying to change.

Regards,

Amol

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Just to clarify your issue

When the order is created from Maintenance plan, is the Res / Pur req is Never or Immi or release. This should be populated based on the configuration, so it should be changed.

Once the Immediately is set in the component (Res./Purc. req), its no were possible to reset it to Never or From Release.

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Terrence I am not clear here. Could you please elaborate.

Thank you !

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

You have set the Res/Pur req in the Config as "Never" for order type PM03 (screenshot attached in your request)

Now, when you schedule the maintenance plan, a order is created, does the order has the component line item shows has below

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

No as "immediately". Even when I change it to "never" manually (as per config/requirement). Following message pops-out.

"a change in material relevancy planning is not possible" screen shot already shared above.

Regards

Rubab  Zehra.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

Once it was set as immediately and saved, you will not be able to change back to "Never".

That's the standard behavior

Regards

Terence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Terence

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Let me reiterate for more clarity.Orders once set to "never" (in the DEV server) if are changed back to "immediately" will show the error ""a change in material relevancy planning is not possible" and will not change back to "never".

If yes, then what is the solution?

Regards

Rubab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Need your help here !!

I hope that my query is clear to all.

Regards

Rubab Zehra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rubab,

In my opinion, we can not stop reservations in WO in SAP.

But even if it reserves, it will be in unrestricted stock only. So i dont think any critical issue of this reservations.

If possible, could you please brief the requierment why you want to stop these reervations?

Regards,

Amol