Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to identify ID in table /RPM/ITEM_D

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could you please help me in identifying alpha-numeric ID numbers in given screen shot of table /RPM/ITEM_D:

Actually, the numerical numbering (1-107851) is the one we are using for creating PPM items

I am confused to see these alphanumeric characters in ID column.

Could you please help me in identifying them.

Best regards

Saurabh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Please check the value for field ITEM_CLASS for these records, and also the value for field VERSION_ITEM

"Normal" Items - i.e. Items that you create in the standard functionality will be allocated a class 2 (If this is linked to an Initiative) or a class '' (if this is not linked to an Initiative). One would expect your numbering (1*) to be used for these classes

Class 4's  are allocated to templates and Class 1's to Initiatives (whenever you create an Initiative a class 1 Item is added to the Item table). Your 1* numbering is not expected to be applied here and these could be numbers you are seeing

Another possibility is that you have class '' or 2's but that you have taken versions (snapshot or what-if) of these Items (see value VERSION_ITEM). If this is the case then it might also explain the numbering you see since your 1* numbering will not be applied for these either

Regards

C

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chatsworth ,

Many thanks for your reply.

Actually, second paragraph of your reply applies to the issue I raised.

For both items (1* number and alpha-numeric one) I can see field ITEM_CLASS as blank but for alpha-numeric one I can see VERSION_ITEM as "X".

So, it seem to me a version of PPM item which was created.

But, What I observed is that this version is not created for every item, its created for almost 75% of the item in the table. Any reason for it?

How can I see a version activation (any configuration?) for PPM items?

Kindly suggest..

Best Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Version creation does not happen 'automatically' in the standard. What I mean by this is that you need to trigger it. For PPM Items this can be triggered as follows and via the "You can also menu" :

1. From within the Item -> You can also -> Create Version

2. From within the Initiative (not applicable in your scenario) -> Create version (this will create a version for the Initiative as well as all related Items)

3. From within the Bucket -> You can also -> Create version of all Items (This will create versions of all Items for the particular Bucket)

4. From within the Portfolio -> You can also -> Create version of all Items (for the entire Portfolio)

So. Difficult to say what exactly happened in your case and why only 75% of Items have versions. Option 1 or 3 is the likely cause. I suggest you look at the timestamp of these versions and check if they all happened on the same day, and who created them and speak to the user involved. You can then also run transaction SLG1 for object RPM_VERSIONING for the specific date/user and see if you can obtain further details from there

Apart from numbering which you may configure for versions, no other configuration exist for PPM versioning (this is different in cProjects where there is configuration that you must do for cProject versioning)

Regards,

C

Answers (0)