cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commodity code Transfer Logic from GTS to ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I believe , as per the GTS standard, when there is create/change to the commodity then the transfer logic send the details to ECC and update in Internal Table (/SAPSLL/SWNWLR3).

But we have identified, even though there is no create/change to the to the commodity codes, system triggered to ECC and updated in Intermediate table.But there are some changes to article Master data.

We want to restrict the Transfer logic , only when there is a create/change to the commodity codes, it should trigger to ECC and update in Intermediate table not for all changes to the article master data.

Kindly let us know how to proceed on this one and also let us know is there any SAP notes available.

Thanks

Diwakar Reddy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diwaka,

Changes to Commodity Codes and classifications (assignments of the codes to Products) are transferred; not ALL changes to Products.

Are you saying that you only want to transfer the changes to Commodity Codes?  If so, there is no standard way.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave for the reply. Sorry for not getting your second point.

My issue is : Usually when there is commodity codes maintained for Products , then only Transfer Commodity Codes batch job will pick and update in ECC .

But in my case for any changes to the Product master , the Transfer Commodity Codes batch job was picked this product and transferred the Commodity code to ECC.

With this huge entries are transferred to ECC and causing the performance issue for Retransfer Commodity Codes to Feeder Systems jobs.

so , i want to restrict the logic for Transfer Commodity Codes in GTS , to pick only the products for which commodity codes are updated/changed.

Thanks In Advance.

Thanks

Diwakar Reddy

srinivas_yellampalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

i would like to know whether you are using the standard program to re-transfer the Commodity Codes to ECC from GTS? or you are using any customized program .

also would like to know what changes you are doing in Product master in GTS? why?

is it related to Classification? whether you are re-classifying the products with new Commodity Codes?

so, far i have seen the functionality of the Program(/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER) is as, it reads the Legal Regulation, Date(Classification Date) and (further to this we need to select the option 'Transfer Commodity Codes to Feeder System') with which the system will check when the product is classified for a particular Legal regulation and date of classification then it will transfer the relevant products classification data to ECC System and stored in the tables.

Then we need to run another program(/SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER_R3) in ECC System, then only the classification data will be updated in relevant tables of Material Master.

so, i expect that there might be some bug in your program, as you mentioned the program is transferring the data even the product is not  classified and made some changes.

As you said , we use to do this using the Batch Jobs schedule everyday.

i suggest you to take help of your technical consultant to fix this issue. please let me know if you have any further clarifications.

Regards,

Srinivas Yellampalli

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar,

Ok, I took a look at the program code...

The "old" program /SAPSLL/STAWN_RETRANSFER takes any Product which has changed (any change), and any Product which has new classification.

The "new" program /SAPSLL/SWNAV_RETRANSFER takes any Product which has new classification.

So, depending on your GTS version, I suggest you use the new program, to avoid the symptoms you are seeing.  See SAP Note 2155652 for the applicable Support Packages.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish for your reply.

@ Dave - Yes, we are running with the old Program and we have a plan to upgrade the system.

Thanks a lot for your valuable information.

Thanks

Diwakar Reddy

Answers (0)