cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DB2 backup and restore issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an issue with my backup and restore on SAP linux and Db2. The problem is i am able to complete it successfully but, There is a catch. I have 10 sap db2 datafiles which is the standard in my organization. If i have a 300GB DB and one of the tablespace is of 150Gb size then all the 10 SAP db2 datafiles must have a min of 150GB space. How to fix this? Because of this i have to request 150Gb*10  space for just 300GB. How can this be fixed?

Regards,

Hussain

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Hussain

Check the find out the big tables on the table space and to the table distribution using DB2CONV

Thanks

Sadiq

former_member238307
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello, 

Thanks for your reply Sadiq. we have given a thought about DB2CONV tool but, the problem is this needs planning and should be done when the system is idle. Do we have any other parameter which can be tweaked and this can be achieved. I know the SAP Import/Export menthod achieves this but our production system cant be down for this Export.

Regards,

Hussain

former_member182505
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This you can do online, when you have the less load on the system or on weekends,

Speed is depend on the no of row, first check the size of tables, Normally for 50GB it will take 4 hrs

its also depend on you resources,

Thanks

Sadiq