cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECTR Autocad Mechanical Integration - Bom Creation Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm facing a problem during the implementation of ECTR Autocad Mechanical Interface.

When I create a BOM from and Autocad Drawing, the system shows the BOM creation pop-up (the one from SAP GUI) but do not transfer child components to the BOM.

From a user point of view, I:

1) Create the link from the Drawing and a Material Master (the BOM header)

2) Create the links from the part referencies and the material masters of the chiild components (those components are shown in the Autocad BOM in the Drawing, with the SAP Matnr)     

3) Create BOM from the Autocad Mechanical Ribbon

After BOM creation, if I run the autobalooning, it gives me error because the BOM do not exist.

If I create the BOM outside ECTR, the autobalooning function works, so it seems that SAP feels the referencies, but not during BOM creation.

Any suggestion on ECTR (or SAP Settings) related to the BOM creation from Autocad Mechanicals?

Best Regards

MS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rene_gerlach
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

in order to be able to derive material BOMs over the SAP Engineering Control Center Interface to AutoCAD and SAP Engineering Control Center Interface to AutoCAD Mechanical, the use of the function module "CDESK_BOM_WIZARD" for the SAP Engineering Control Center must be enabled.

To this end, an extension of the BAdI "CDESK_BOM" for the method "FIND_EXISTING_ITEMS" is necessary. For this purpose, SAP has provided the note 2107230, which contains all the necessary information and coding. But the SAP note 2106823 is required to have been previously imported.

The implementation "Z_PLM_ECC" described here must be created manually if it does not already exist! It must be ensured that the implementation is stamped out with the corresponding filters "ACAD" and "ACADM" (filter type "CAD_SYSTEM").

Here is the corresponding code that makes sure the function module "CDESK_BOM_WIZARD" is called up:

Extension of the BAdI "CDESK_BOM" in the method "FIND_EXISTING_ITEMS"
METHOD if_ex_cdesk_bom~find_existing_items.
  DATA: lt_add_items  TYPE  plm_document_tab,
        lt_add_items_attr TYPE  /dscsag/srv_t_fdt_bomitm.
  FIELD-SYMBOLS: <l_plm_doc> TYPE plm_document,
                 <l_plm_doc_new> TYPE plm_document.
   CALL FUNCTION '/DSCSAG/CDESK_BOM_WIZARD_GET'
    TABLES
      gt_add_items   = lt_add_items
      gt_bomitm_attr = lt_add_items_attr.
   LOOP AT lt_add_items ASSIGNING <l_plm_doc_new>.
    <l_plm_doc_new>-index = '1'.

LOOP AT plm_documents ASSIGNING <l_plm_doc>.
      IF <l_plm_doc_new>-index LE <l_plm_doc>-index.
         <l_plm_doc_new>-index = <l_plm_doc>-index + 1.
      ENDIF.
    ENDLOOP.

IF <l_plm_doc_new>-is_selected IS INITIAL.
      <l_plm_doc_new>-is_selected = 'I'.
    ENDIF.

APPEND <l_plm_doc_new> TO plm_documents.
  ENDLOOP.
ENDMETHOD.

For full documentation see https://support.cideon-software.com/en/documentation/9782

or in the AutoCAD Configuration chapter 1.1 Prerequisite for the maintenance of material BOMs in AutoCAD / Mechanical.

Best regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renè,

thank you for your feedback, I'll try to implements the notes.

I see that the note are related to ECTR 5.0, it's the same to ECTR 5.1?

About the link you provide me for the full documentation, unfortunately I'm not allowed to access to this document.

Best Regards

MS

se_kie
Explorer
0 Kudos

Now the note 2107230 is valid for 510 as well.

Note 2106823 is already included into 510 installation package.

Best regards,

Sebastian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renè,

I implemented the instruction of the note 2107230, and now the BOM creation works, thank you!

About the link for the full documentation that you posted:

For full documentation see https://support.cideon-software.com/en/documentation/9782

Can you provide me the way to access to this document?

Thank you in advance

Best Regards

Michele

rene_gerlach
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

the document "AutoCAD Configuration.pdf"  is in the latest Patch included also, so you do not really need access to our portal. Unfortunately this is only for our direct customers. I think, you has an account, so I suggested this link.

Best regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Renè,

I Installed the latest patch ("ECTRAUTOCAD00P_3-80001297.exe") but in the documentation folder I found only the user manual ("CIDEON_ECTR_Interface_to_AutoCAD_User_Manual.pdf")and not "AutoCAD Configuration.pdf".

Can you explain me where I can found it?

Thank you again for your support

Best Regards

Michele

rene_gerlach
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Michele,

this file was missing in the patch, sorry about this.

You can get this with the new patch, now.

Cheers

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Renè,

I Installed the patch and I found the document, thank you for your support.

Cheers

MS

Answers (0)