cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe decimal separator and thousand separator change

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to change standard decimal separator and thousand separator at universe/data foundation level.

I have found parameter USER_INPUT_NUMERIC_SEPARATOR, but no idea where to declare it.

No clue on how to change thousand separator

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mhmohammed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lukasz,

I don't know if you can do it in Data Foundation Layer, but yes, at the Business Layer. Right lick on the Object, select Create/Edit Display Format and create the custom format you want.

Sample pic of what I did for YTD Amt:

Thanks,

Mahboob Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, custom format did make a difference for removing grouping, but decimal separator is still period. I would like to display format of :

Mandatory digit - Decimal Separator - 7 x Optional Digit

where decimal separator would be a comma. Declaring parameter USER_INPUT_NUMERIC_SEPARATOR in sql parameters on business layer doesn't make a difference.

Kind regards,

Łukasz Dejewski

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The parameter what are trying USER_INPUT_NUMERIC_SEPARATOR will be available in .prm file

.prm file will be specific to each data base. For example for oracle it will available under

~\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\oracle\oracle.prm

The parameter useful to define the input format given by the user in the  prompt value.

I think this is nothing to do with the formatting of your objects.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I haven't tried this.Parameters you can define in the Business layer.Click on the business layer->click on parameters and add the parameter.

other option is to select the object->advance tab->create display format->define your custom format.